Mothering Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Registered
10,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blsilva View Post
I've done that test, too, and it said I was an Aspie.

Don't know how accurate it is, but since I'd been thinking it too, I'm going to run with it.
Yeah, I definitely feel less like a weirdo, now.

Even dh is treating me a little differently today. And he thought I was being a hypochondriac, initially!

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
I took this Aspie test: http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php and scored a 173 of 200 and it said "Very Likely to have Asperger's."

Found that interesting.
I got 140/200. My NT score was 74/200. I'm not surprised. Almost everything I've read about female Aspies has resembled my life, and it was a big relief for me. A) I wasn't a total freak alone in the world and B) I relaxed about my quirks, and stopped trying to appear 'normal' in society. I also stopped taking criticisms of my weirdness so personally. I'm an odd duck, but I like myself.

· Registered
2,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FancyD View Post
Almost everything I've read about female Aspies has resembled my life, and it was a big relief for me. A) I wasn't a total freak alone in the world and B) I relaxed about my quirks, and stopped trying to appear 'normal' in society. I also stopped taking criticisms of my weirdness so personally. I'm an odd duck, but I like myself.
This is exactly how I feel, too.
Kinda makes me wonder about those who view this dx as something horrific, though. I mean, if we're relieved by it, and we're basically okay (if a little quirky
), doesn't it stand to reason that our kids will be okay, too?

Or, maybe, if we're lucky, they can be confident enough to revel in their differences, as I have been learning to do.

· Registered
11,754 Posts
:

I have lots of Asperger traits. (so does my 25yo ADHD sister) it made me think more about this when our OT asked if I think DS is on the spectrum (I don't, but now I wonder!) just looking for more info.

· Registered
11,754 Posts
ok I did the test and it says this;

Your Aspie score: 112 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 125 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

what does that mean though????

· Banned
983 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
ok I did the test and it says this;

Your Aspie score: 112 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 125 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

what does that mean though????

that means you are one weird lady and that you are on my "cool list"

· Registered
260 Posts
I was just
: but PP's have me wondering about something about myself which I've never mentioned to anyone. Don't laugh but when I am trying to look at someone when they are talking, sometimes I am distracted b/c I can't seem to look at both eyes and one time and so my eyes jump back and forth until I try to pick ONE eye and focus on that one. I don't actually think I'm on the spectrum. I think it might be kind of a shyness/discomfort with intimacy sort of thing, even though in many ways I'm an intimacy junky. So does anyone else have my quirk???

ok, back to lurking.

Julie

· Registered
11,754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewelie View Post
I was just
: but PP's have me wondering about something about myself which I've never mentioned to anyone. Don't laugh but when I am trying to look at someone when they are talking, sometimes I am distracted b/c I can't seem to look at both eyes and one time and so my eyes jump back and forth until I try to pick ONE eye and focus on that one. I don't actually think I'm on the spectrum. I think it might be kind of a shyness/discomfort with intimacy sort of thing, even though in many ways I'm an intimacy junky. So does anyone else have my quirk???

ok, back to lurking.

Julie
lol. this is why you should stare between the eyes at thier nose!

I was a hairstylist for alot of years so I was forced to get over most of my social quirks. (Totally faked though!) they are still there, though repressed.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.