Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if my DS is just going through a stage, or if this is a sign that the AM nap is about to go away completely. I'm a bit freaked to think he's going from 3 naps/day down to 1 all at once, because half the time he's not taking #3 either!

It used to be like clockwork -- 2 hrs after waking, he was obviously tired, and would nap for at least 45 mins. Now I can tell he's still getting tired, but 20 minutes into the nap, I've already nursed him down twice, and he's up crawling around on the bed smiling at me. Nap #2 is about 2 hours later, and that's usually a good one. Is this what it looks like when babies drop the AM nap?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Avraham Tzvi is kind of doing the same thing, except it's the afternoon nap that's going. He still goes down about 3 hours after waking up, and pretty much doesn't take another nap. So he's up from 11 or 12 until 5 or so when he crashes for the night.

With my other kids, the morning nap kept getting pushed back until the naps kind of merged to an 11 - 1 nap that just got later and later until it was the "typical" 1 - 3 or 4 nap. There is an akward time where 2 naps are too many and 1 is not enough when the baby is a real
: before bed. It's good practice for the toddler years when 1 nap is too many but 0 is not enough and they are a real
:
: (and I would insert that fire smiley but i am too lazy to go find it now
)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Could be. DD didn't drop her AM nap until about 20 months. Late, I know. Basically I would put her down for a nap and she would just talk to herself.... or, she would take a really short one like you described.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...as with so many other things, I should probably stop having expectations and just roll with it. I can't control it anyway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.