Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha- since I am on my worry streak (see apology thread), I may as well ask: does nausea at around 28 weeks mean anything? I had a cold (an 11 day one, I might add) with lots of postnasal drip. I have been coughing alot and had some projectile vomit early in the week (it was BIZARRE- not warning, just out it came). The OB said it was possible it was from coughing so much. Yesterday I was occasionally vomiting mucous- maybe twice yesteday. I hate to say this but I must be sniffling in my sleep. Today I am dry heaving but feel better if I eat something. I get freaked out because I know that vomiting may be a sign of early labor but I have no other symptoms.<br><br>
Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I had a bad cough for over a month (DH and DS2 did too) and I barfed and heaved thru the worst of the mucous crap.. it was awful.. I ma sorry.. hope you feel better soon// I found PLAIN mucinex / guaifensen helped a lot (safe in PG) .. and tons of warm lemon water..

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I would say that it's not from early labor at all. Definitely from the mucus and the caughing and possibly your nerves.<br><br>
I keep hearing about third trimester nausea and vomitting and experienced some nausea yesterday myself. I didn't vomit (though I did end up with diarrhea and I think it was from all the eggs and egg salad I'd eaten for three days!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts