Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter reacted with hives to wheat noodles. She eats barley cereal and is fine with it. She has been eating it for a while now. I guess this would mean that it is not the gluten she is reacting to.

· Registered
10,748 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, hives is usually an IgE reaction, and gluten seems to be more an intolerance. And wheat is one of the top 8 for IgE allergies, so it sounds like it might just be wheat for you. You may want to go to an allergist to find out how bad it is and get an epipen in case of an accidental exposure, and create an emergency plan.

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. We did go to an allergist but the stupid doc would not test her because she had not consumed it directly previous to her appointment. He will only test if there is a history of reaction to the food. We do have an epi pen.

· Registered
10,748 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catt75 View Post
Thanks for the reply. We did go to an allergist but the stupid doc would not test her because she had not consumed it directly previous to her appointment. He will only test if there is a history of reaction to the food. We do have an epi pen.
I use the stupid adjective to modify the allergist noun as well. They seem to be the most narrow minded of all doctors.

That was probably mean. And too broad. I should say all the ones we've been to...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.