Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been feeding our 8 month old solids, but not too intensively.

Our schedule has been this...

7am wake
7:30am nurse
10-11am nap at daycare
11:15am 5.5 ounces EBM
12:30pm 4 ounce jar of food
1:30-3:00pm nap
3:15pm 5.5 ounces EBM
5:30pm nurse
6:30pm 4 ounces solids
8:30pm nurse and bed
2:00-3:00am nurse

I'm thinking she needs more. She doesn't like to self feed- everything goes in her mouth that she finds, but not food!!! Not cheerios, not pieces of carrot, not pieces of meat... And we haven't done the cereal.

So what are you babies eating at this point?

·
Registered
168 Posts
My 10 month old dd will still only eat about 2 oz of solids at a time but is putting cheerios (finally) in her mouth. She gets three 4 oz bottles at daycare and nurses usually once in the morning, twice in the evening, and sometimes once overnight. She is tiny though at 16.5 lbs two weeks ago. We feed her solids twice a day (once at home once at daycare) until she won't eat anymore.

ETA: We didn't tell the ped how much (or little) she's eating though because the ped wants her to have three meals of such and such amount and we didn't think that was necessary. Ped was totally satisfied with her grown w/o that information.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
I work in the infant room at a daycare so I've seen a lot of variations. *Typically* at 8 months most of our babies are eating solids (meaning baby food) for breakfast, lunch and snack. Breakfast (around 8:00) is cereal or fruit or the two mixed together, lunch (around 11:30) is a veggie or a meat mixture, snack (around 2:30) is another veggie or fruit. Around 8 months old the babies are usually eating bottles every 3-4 hours (various ounces, depending on the kid. Some eat 3-4 ounces, some 7 or 8 ounces). We may also give them some cheeries or puffy things to play around with, but most this age don't really eat many.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My lo is now 9 months and I just gave the go ahead for them to start feeding him more at daycare... Before that it was completely sporadic, some avocado (sp???), some honeydew, some yogurt, rice rusks to play with, and BM. I provided all these things... I'm trying not to be a control freak
but it is a hard transition for me and he didn't really seem to want much. Last week I gave them some parameters and he is eating more, drinking less milk. But, they are really great about working with me, he is eating some fruit/veggies around lunch time and then some fruit/yogurt for breakfast and snack. It takes him several feedings to eat one of the yo-baby containers of yogurt... and we are just mainly dabbling at home. I'm going to use this to re-build my stash... I'll put the extra from DC in my freezer for now. I think every LO is very different!
HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.