Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed my ds's pajamas have been smelling like spoiled milk. Actually, my dh and talked they smell like what they smelled like when he used to spit up when he was a baby.<br><br>
he weaned when he was 19 months. And since then we give him a bottle which is mixed part milk and part drinkable yogurt (fruit). He probably drinks one bottle during the day and a half bottle before he goes to bed and maybe a half bottle in the morning.<br><br>
he is now 2 years 3 months..why is his sweat smelling? Anyone else notice similiarly with their little one?<br><br>
thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
yes, i noticed that if i dont launder a shirt or bib right away that has food from a meal or snack on it, and i through it in the basket with his other dirty clothes, they all come out sometimes smelling like vomit or spoiled milk from the food sometimes.<br>
Even after being laundered once...ive had to rewash things (depends on how long its been since i washed his clothes- the boy has a lot of clothes thanks to his grandma)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I had to wash his clothes twice last week because they really were strong. Something was in that wash... and maybe the smell is still there from then? You might be right. It might not be 'him' that smells....<br><br>
i'm so confused. I'm going to wash all his clothes again tomorrow and see if the smell is still there..<br><br>
how embarrasing is this thread.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Have you ever tried a product called "Bacout"??? It gets almost any smell out of fabric. For a gross example.... My cat peed on a bed pillow and after it sat unnoticed for about 12 hours I soaked it with "Bacout"for a few minutes and threw it in the washer with a couple tablespoons more and the smell 100% vanished! Its an all natural enzyme that eats up odors. Its also what I used on cloth diapers for every load. The stuff is amazing. I was turned onto it by a neighbor who is a commercial carpet cleaner. When we moved into our house, he brought us a bottle to try as a housewarming present. It even got a crandberry juice stain out of beige carpet. I know it sounds like I work for the company or something, but I swear I don't. It is just one of the best products out there (and I bet others folks on this board may agree).<br><br>
Check it out here..... <a href="http://www.bi-o-kleen.com/laundry.htm" target="_blank">http://www.bi-o-kleen.com/laundry.htm</a><br><br>
I find it at our local health food stores.<br><br>
Good luck with the smell!

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
We don't do dairy products, and I have never smelled anything like you are describing on either my baby or her clothes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts