Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I have no clue, but I am going to get a BLOOD test on 10DPO because 1) both myself and DH are very impatient, and 2) I need to know early because I am going to a bachelorette party the following evening and I don't want to drink if there's any chance.

I really wish I could test sooner, but I'm afraid it will be a false negative or a positive that turns out to be just a chemical pregnancy.
:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! That's my 10dpo too...
You'll have to post an update. I'm wondering if 10dpo is way too early... I have had a + at 11dpo so I'm wondering if I should just hold out until then, but like you, I'm anxious.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
Ha! That's my 10dpo too...
You'll have to post an update. I'm wondering if 10dpo is way too early... I have had a + at 11dpo so I'm wondering if I should just hold out until then, but like you, I'm anxious.
Hehe, awesome! I will def update & you must too!

If you're doing POAS you might wanna wait at least another day just in case... but look who's talking. I'm getting a quantitative test done, so that will show my HCG levels as well. I'm so excited!

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
With a blood test you can get a + result as early as 4 days past implantation. Depending on what dpo implant occurs that would be as early as 6-7dpo. Since implant can happen as early as 3dpo but avg. 5dpo.

With a hpt it takes a bit longer depending on the amount of hcg in the urine. A hpt that detects 25mIU like FRER or most test strips you can buy online you could get a
as early as 10dpo if implant happened at 5dpo. I know a few woman who got a
at 8dpo which leads me to believe they had a 3-4dpo implant date.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
I got a positive at 6dpo once. That was with one of those early test aim stick coffee stirrer thingies.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now my next ?... do you get FRER at a drug store. I'm not sure I've seen that exact title before (FR yes)? Also, any opinions on Dollar Store hpts? Maybe I should skip it all and ask for a blood test.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I know there were a couple mamas here last month that got a bfp at 7 dpo. I think that's pretty unusual though. Personally I make myself wait until af is due, or I'd drive myself completely crazy! I know you can get preg tests in drug stores here, but I don't think we have dollar store tests (I'm in Canada) so I'm not much help in that regard. Good luck and lots of baby dust for you!

Carlin

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I got positive with SMU on 10 DPO. Why? I was curious if I could have a drink

Hehe. That's part of the reason I want to test at 10DPO also. (Bachelorette party for a good friend of mine). Other that, I'm just impatient & anxious.

Congrats, btw!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I was always an early and obsessive tester when I was ttc. But implantation can happen late too, so even getting a negative blood or urine test 10 DPO does not put you out of the running. I had a negative blood test 10 DPO and a positive urine test 2 days later.

Just wanted to let you all know because I know when I'd read all these women getting + tests at 8 DPO I'd be sad and convinced it wasn't my month already by 9 DPO. So if you don't get an early +, hold out hope until AF shows! Good luck everyone...

·
Registered
522 Posts
until 14 dpo if you can hold out. I've gotten positives at 8 and 9 dpo, but we're talking verrrry faint positives that are invisible to pretty much everyone but me (I'm an expert HPT reader, I can tell the difference, lol). At 14 dpo, you should get a nice, big fat line, and there's nothing better than that!

susie

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Depends on cycle and circumstance, but I have gotten both my BFP's by 10 dpo, so 10 dpo for me is "enough". I have 12 day LP's though, which is sort of short, so I could be 100% sure by 12 dpo. Some women don't even START to get a BFP until 14 dpo or later....I think by 17 dpo, it is certain regardless of who you are, with the exception of those really rare women who just don't excrete hcg in their urine.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
no earlier then 10dpo, and you'd better have at least a 2pk at that point. Even if you get a - you know you'll be testing again.

testing the day af is due, or one day after your longest LP is the smartest of course...but when you want to know...you REALLY want to know.

I've gotten pos at 5dpo but in retrospect I concieved the month before

I have an 7-10day LP on average. I think that makes a difference

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
FRER stands for first responce early result.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.