Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, thus far it seems to me that there are only two doctors in the St. Louis area who are known on this board to not be pro-vax (although there may be more who simply haven't been visited by people who post here).

For those of you who are non-vaxers and who have family doctors or pediatricians who otherwise seem to vaccinate most of the children they see--what did you say when the subject of vaccinations came up? And what was the reaction?

What about those of you who truly do not believe in vaccinations (as in, it's against your religious/spiritual beliefs)? Do you say to the doctor, "We don't believe in vaccinations?" If it's presented as a religious issue, do you get adverse reactions from the doctor regardless? (Are there any of you in Jefferson County who have simply stated the religious belief and left it at that?)

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
I said, "I'm not vaccinating my kid and that's final." And he said ok, but everytime we make an appointment for whatever he tries to talk us into vaccinating because he's old and I think he forgets. He's never forced the issue or threatened to drop us, though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
We went in armed with an arsenal of information. This relieved our doc, saying we appeared very informed and that we weren't making a rash decision. We stopped going to well baby visits when DS was 7 months old. We recently went back for a visit and the doc, (who sees so many patients forgot we weren't vaxing) talked to us about why we weren't vaxing. He says he would push for them if DS was in daycare, but he is not. So he is very laid back about it. Gave us some websites to check out.
All in all it remains your decision and if you believe in it, there can be no swaying you.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by womama
We went in armed with an arsenal of information. This relieved our doc, saying we appeared very informed and that we weren't making a rash decision. We stopped going to well baby visits when DS was 7 months old. We recently went back for a visit and the doc, (who sees so many patients forgot we weren't vaxing) talked to us about why we weren't vaxing. He says he would push for them if DS was in daycare, but he is not. So he is very laid back about it. Gave us some websites to check out.
All in all it remains your decision and if you believe in it, there can be no swaying you.
I am not in the St. louis area, but my doctor just said the same thing. As long and I was researching it and making an informed decision and DD was not in daycare, I could wait.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i told the kids' doc "I've done alot of research on vaccinations, and it's not something i'm comfortable with." She persisted, of course, so i "compromised" by telling her "We will consider selective vaccination in the future" and she seemed pleased, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.