Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really curious to find out exactly what NT is about.

I've been reading these threads and learning about some really cool and interesting ways of eating and combining food, so... what exactly is going on here? What are the central tenets of NT? What does it endorse, and what does it shun?

Maybe we could get a sticky for the uninformed like me
Thanks, ladies!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Well I don't think I could totally explain it as I am still learning myself..hehe..

Raw milk & butter
fresh eggs
grass fed meats
lactofermented veggies

no processed
no preservatives, "fillers", artificial stuff, etc...
no hormones, or antibiotics..

basically as natural as you can get

NT stands for Nourishing Traditions, a cook book plus, by Sally Fallon. You should be able to find it at your library or overstock.com has it for about $15

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Real, whole, traditional foods
www.westonaprice.com A dentist, Weston A. Price did research in the 1930s about the difference between "civilized" and "traditional" cultures in terms of health, especially cavities. A book he wrote, which I highly recommend, is Nutrition and Physical Degeneration(you can find it online) I would personally read this before getting the cookbook Nourishing Traditions because you will understand why you are going through the extra work of obtaining special foods and extra time preparing meals. I quit low-fat vegetarianism after reading it!

Jennifer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.