Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Let's say you order tickets to the opera or ballet, reserved seating.   You never receive the tickets.  If you call the theatre, do they refund your money or give you new tickets?  Do they reissue the tickets for the same seat?  What if someone found the tickets and showed up with them?  How do they know you didn't sell the tickets - there are always tickets for sale on Craigslist.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How exactly does this work, does anyone know?</p>

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
<p>A lot depends on the establishment, but my experience was that we called the people that sell the tickets and they emailed us a digital copy of the tickets to print out and take with us. The original tickets (which arrived 3 days after the event) were voided in their system.</p>

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My experience is from Ticket Operations on the venue side with Ticketmaster in place as the seller.<br><br>
The original purchaser can present ID and the credit card used to make the purchase at the Box Office to have the tickets reprinted. For very large shows at a venue working with TM, TM representatives will often be on hand to personally deal with the strangest issues. Otherwise, a CSR at the window should be able to reprint with no problem.<br><br>
As far as ticket reselling and stolen or duplicate tickets, the benefit of the doubt always goes to the original purchaser of the tickets.<br><br>
In the case of counterfeits: If you show up and a ticket taker gets a "STOP" across their scanner and you are denied access to the building because your tickets are already inside, the matter will be addressed by venue guest services staff. As far as the venue is concerned, he original purchaser of the tickets, if present, will be permitted entrance. Any further actions (ticket resale fraud) should be taken up with the police.<br><br>
Ticketmaster runs its own resale site called Tickets Now and other ticket sellers do the same. This is one way to guarantee that your tickets are for real. The venue and TM take no responsibility for ensuring the legitimacy of tickets sold on the second hand market.<br><br>
If you've never spent the evening in the box office of a 20,000+ seat venue on the night of a sold out concert, you have missed a show in and of itself.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
<p>I once ordered very expensive VIP Gold seating tickets to a figure skating competition.  They were mailed to someone else in another state.  That person returned them to Ticketmaster.  That was nice.  I have no idea what would have happened if they hadn't.  I assume we would have contacted Ticketmaster and they would have voided and reprinted.</p>

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
<p>I'm assuming since they were sent through the mail that you used a credit card to purchase them.  Credit card plus ID - that's all they need.  I wouldn't worry about it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We have tickets to a ballet tonight.  We use "will call" so we don't lose the tickets.</p>

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
<p>Credit card plus ID meant that I was able to get copies of our tickets from the box office for Radio City Music Hall. They had "DUPLICATE" stamped on them. If someone else had shown up with the originals, then both "ticket holders" would have had to go talk to the box office and I presume they would have gone by credit card holder and ID I presume. Or maybe if it was a resale issue, they would have taken some type of proof of resale from the bearers of the original tickets. But since ours weren't lost in the mail, I had lost them somewhere in my house, it wasn't an issue.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts