Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious mamas!... what have you treated yourself to or bought special for this birth?

so far I have bought some items for the birth kit...like a , although this sounds dumb, a freezable cup with a straw for labor:) .... and a shirt that says "born into loving hands" since DH plans on catching our babe... we are planning UC so I thought that was something really special. Then for my belly blessing I bought this <3 <3 <3il_570xN.192295751.jpg

100% natural beeswax candle for the Circle Of Mothers ceremony of the belly blessing next weekend! I probably wont burn it but get another pillar beeswax to burn so the guests can light their candles off that one and preserve this one.

other then that those are the only real things Ive bought myself, for myself, except the shirt for babe....

what have you bought or made?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Does a pedicure count? Got me one yesterday. :) Couldn't really reach my toes anymore and the massage was great for my swollen feet!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I ordered cloth pads - and that is a splurge since I most likely will never use them again after pp bleeding (I use the diva cup). I also just ordered a necklace from lisa leonard - I've been putting it off feeling like this pregnancy wasn't real. Now I only have a little over 2 weeks left? yikes!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well, nothing major. I did get some EMAB New Mom Bottom spray and some WishGarden Sitz bath for after baby. I also want to get a nice length of fabric to do belly binding, but have not gotten it yet.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Oh how fun! I just got back from shopping for all my birth supplies and I decided I was going to splurge on brand new pajamas, robe and slippers for myself for right after I give birth. I had an image in my mind of giving birth, taking a shower, and slipping into a very nice comfortable set of new pajamas and curling up in bed with my little man. It's something I'm really looking forward to. So, here's what I bought today -- after shopping at 3 stores!

Imagine them on a deflated postpartum belly though. LOL.

2011-07-15155810-1.jpg?t=1310766579

...and with the robe....

2011-07-15155628-1.jpg?t=1310766662

I'm excited. I just really feel like this is happening and home or hospital I'll be comfortable and really happy, and just in love with this boy.

Mamatwo8 - that candle is gorgeous. <3

·
Registered
781 Posts
Carrie, those are so cute!

I want new PJs but haven't been able to find any that I love.

So far I haven't really treated myself to anything. I guess the herbs I bought for a sitz bath after the birth could count, but I see that as more necessary than a treat.

I want to get this http://www.etsy.com/listing/69083040/leather-cuff-quote-about-womens-heart-in?ref=v1_other_1 or something similar with the quote "I am not afraid.... I was born to do this" on it.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
So far nothing...but now I want new pj's too! I have nothing that isn't ancient or covered in holes. It would have never occured to me to get new pj's for after the birth...so thanks for this thread and the great idea!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Those p.j.s are downright inspirational! And the candle is lovely...

I've had 2 prenatal massages (one that I purchased for myself, the other a gift). The gifted massage was amaaaaazing. It was at a spa I can not afford at this time...Wish I could go every week...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
So far I've splurged on 2 luxuries. The first is a bottle of Ribena (blackcurrant cordial) that's imported from home. This is for drinking during labor, so that I'm motivated to drink, and is a happy reminder of childhood (even back then Ribena was a treat.)

The second is also linked to happy childhood memories. I got 3 Yankee Candle "Fresh Cut Roses" candles. They do smell just like real fresh cut summer roses. My dad used to grow ornamental rose trees (technically over pruned bushes) when I was growing up. My mum would wait until the flowers were almost in full bloom then cut the flowers to bring inside and fill the house with the wonderful aroma of those roses. It is still one of my favorite smells in the whole wide world, and very relaxing for me since it is associated with those wonderful summer days of childhood.

I've got a birthday coming up on Aug 13th, so I might need to splurge on some other treats for labor/postpartum, and some fresh new nightwear sounds like a great idea Carrie.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I haven't done anything special for myself yet, as a matter of fact it didn't even occur to me...so, thanks for the idea! :) Though I don't know what I want...

That candle is really pretty and Babycakes, you look really really cute in that pj!!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Mamatwo, I love that candle. It's so very beautiful. I'm not much of a candle person, but something about beeswax candles makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I love the way they smell. We candled the umbillical cord with DS, and so now they have that extra bit of sentimentality and romance too. They're on my list for the birth, I just need to pick some up at the farmers market in the next few weeks. But that one is just lovely. Might have to copy your idea and splurge for a really beautiful sculpted one.

Massages sound great. Oh gosh, so, so great.

The PJs are also great. And they look wonderful on you Carrie! You'll have to to post some postpartum photos of you in your PJs holding the new baby!! Although if I bought new PJs, I am positive that bebe would poop on them within 24 hours!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.