Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I was in a car vs. bike accident (I was on a bike and hit and run over by a 25 passenger econo van.) and that hurt worse, mostly because I didn't get the stunning, amazing baby afterwards. So how about you? What hurt more than labor?</p>

·
Registered
9 Posts
<p>We moved to a different state when my daughter was one month old. It was so exhausting and difficult! Way harder than labor. </p>

·
Registered
8 Posts
<p>Honestly . . . almost anything hurts me more than a good, natural birth xD We had our daughter all-natural at home last April, and my birth was virtually painless and she was born without me pushing even once. It was worlds different from the horrible and painful birth I had with my son in the hospital.</p>

·
Registered
13 Posts
<p>Sorry to be a downer, ladies, but nothing I've experienced has hurt worse than natural childbirth. Gallstones, a painful neck injury, a pilonidal cyst, a broken leg... nothing came close. That said, I teach natural childbirth classes and am highly passionate about it, so the fact that something so mind-bendingly painful could be so rewarding that I actually want to encourage others to do the same must say something! ;)</p>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Totally agree. I used hypnobirthing and had a beautiful birthing experience. No need for fear of pain if you have a plan to focus within and listen to your body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a long list, but I had quick natural labors (though the 8-pound second one did hurt way more than the 5-pound first one who came early). Ironically, round ligament pain in my first pregnancy hurt way more than either labor. So did breaking my tibia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
<p>Gallbladder attacks.  When I went into the ER with severe pain and told the nurse that it was worse than childbirth she didn't believe me until I told her I'd given birth 7 days prior sans medicine and received a 3rd degree laceration in the process and none of that compared to the pain of that attack.  I'd rather have 10 natural births over 1 gall bladder attack.</p>

·
Registered
141 Posts
<p>nothing was more *powerful* feeling, but as far as unbearable PAIN that i couldnt do anything to alleviate, i'd say shingles, and a severe pinched nerve in my neck during pregnancy. Made my arm feel like it was on fire and there was no position i could get in to make the pain stop. At least with labor, usually movement or laying in a certain position or doing something makes it all bearable. i could do something about the pain. absolutely nothing to be done, position-wise to help nerve pain or shingles (which is a type of nerve pain too). (though, off topic but if anyone gets shingles, B12 helped the pain more than anything else and Lysine stopped the spread of the rash)</p>

·
Registered
15 Posts
What hurt more than the labor was the delivery of my 9lb 9oz son. When his head was coming out I thought I was going to die. I think I almost went into shock.

Reactions: youngmom89
1 - 20 of 101 Posts