Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I look at dh and wonder... What if HE was the one who was pregnant?
I wonder how I'd feel someone ELSE carrying around MY baby? Or if I'd even feel that strongly about it since I wouldn't know in the first place what it's like?
Knowing what it's like I think it would drive me to a bit of paranoia at least. I suppose this is how a surrogacy situation feels like on the other side.
I was a surrogate myself, but to two men so I didn't get to experience what I'm wondering.
I suppose I could ask him how he's feeling but somehow I don't think the conversation would get too deep lol....
Carry on!
Karen

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I had this very thought yesterday! I think that he woudn't stop rubbing his tummy and wanting me to understand just how weird it is that it got so huge and out of proportion with the rest of him! Just like me! And I would probably expect him to chill out and act like a "normal" pregnant person, like he does.

--Grace

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would hate it! I would be so insanely jealous that he gets to experience this miracle and have this amazing bond with our baby.

And I would feel like I was missing out on one of life's greatest mysteries....

·
Registered
174 Posts
My dh often says he feels like he's missing out - especially now that the baby is here and he sees that she calms immediately to my touch and voice, but he has to sometimes work a little harder to get her to settle. He realizes that there is a huge bond that is created in those 9 + months and I know he'd like to experience it if possible.

Course I think she calms just as easily for him, but he's so unsure of himself sometimes and if she even makes a furrowed brow he thinks he's doing something wrong! Men are so funny!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is why they say women have the babies.
My dh has taken two naps today and he even woke up AFTER me!!!!
Fell asleep on the sofa here once, then at my mom's house fell asleep on the sofa there at the end of the night.
He's also a huge baby when he gets sick.
I have to admit though, when I was in labor with ds he was awesome. Let's just hope he doesn't sleep through this one.
This reminds me, they both fell asleep on the sofa the other night and ds was so out that I decided to clip his nails. His nails are longer than mine and he won't let me near him with clippers. Of course I can't find the clippers so I filed those suckers down. It was amazing. I was probably about as forceful as the manicure ladies and the kid slept through the whole thing. I have to admit it was very satisfying to do lol! And now when I hold his hands his fingers feel so good to touch

'night ladies!
Karen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts