Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dh has been away for 4 months and we are going to see him in 2 weeks.

it is right near my O date.

should I ask him to let some swimmers go before we dtd, to ensure we have fresh players?

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
His swimmers will still be fresh. A man produces new sperm 24 hours a day all in different stages of development. The older ones die and new ones take their place something like every 48-72 hours. Been awhile since I read about but that seems to be right. I do know that he will not have any sperm that are 4 months old.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
I do know that he will not have any sperm that are 4 months old.
He's probably been "taking care of himself" anyway, right? 4 months would be a long time not to do "anything". So some sperm would have come out that way.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shy View Post
if the old ones die, where do they go?
All men produce millions of sperm that do not make it to ejaculation and are reabsorbed into the body. Sperm within the testicle are immature and cannot fertilize an egg - they mature in the epididymis. Sperm, after all, are just cells like any other in the human body - when they die the debris is absorbed and digested by leukocytes (white blood cells).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by samy23 View Post
He's probably been "taking care of himself" anyway, right? 4 months would be a long time not to do "anything". So some sperm would have come out that way.
I was thinking the exact same thing

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I used to be an andrologist. Ideally, every two days gives the healthiest proportion of sperm. I'm sure like most men, it hasn't been 2+weeks, but if it has, I'd say monday if you were going to dtd on wednesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.