Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My belly keeps making these 'popping' sounds that are fairly quiet yet loud enough to be heard by others..... what is going on??? It's been happening on and off for a couple of weeks a few a day, some days none at all....

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Some of us discussed this in another thread a while ago. Apparently it's more common than I'd realized! I had a few throughout my first two pregnancies, but I get 1 or 2 every day with this one. There are lots of theories, but I don't think anyone knows for sure what it really is. My husband finally got to hear one the other night, while the tv was on from the other end of the couch! Now he believes me! My midwife had heard of it, just never actually HEARD it before.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
That is just so interesting... I've never had it, though when I bend over & squish everything up inside of me something makes funny gurgling noises (prob my intestines rather than amniotic fluid, but I guess you never know).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Our neighbors just had a baby that would do this popping or cracking sound in utero. Ends up it was a minor issue with the baby's hip that got better as soon as the babe started to straighten out her legs more often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts