Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my kids to the beach for a few days & dressed Henry in all his adorable embroidered FCB AIOs for the beach~~(will post pic later!)~~A gorgeous yellow sunshine, a piggy, a smiley face...heck! even a plain white with rainbow snaps & serging. Well, I hope you ladies are sitting down because you will NOT believe what happened.....

NOT ONE SINGLE MAMA ASKED ME ABOUT THEM!!!!! No one said anything!!!
How is this possible??? I mean, couple my ADORABLE son with a fabulous diaper & NOTHING.......

That's it ladies!! But bottled water & duct tape! The world is coming to an end!

And I have one thing to say for the ONE BILLION green & blue sposie swin diapers I saw......:puke! SO THERE!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I know how you feel!!! NO one ever asks me about Stella's dipes and I am always in full cd advocacy mode. Once in her KSS Wild Elephants someone said "I bet your mama knitted those britches for you." As if I just whip up works of art in my spare time for baby pants.

I get compliments on her PWP Bikini but eyes glaze over when I try to explain it.

The world has gone mad.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena
I know how you feel!!! NO one ever asks me about Stella's dipes and I am always in full cd advocacy mode. Once in her KSS Wild Elephants someone said "I bet your mama knitted those britches for you." As if I just whip up works of art in my spare time for baby pants.

I get compliments on her PWP Bikini but eyes glaze over when I try to explain it.

The world has gone mad.

:LOL

The one and only time someone even noticed her diapers was when we were out and she had on a frog print bummis. Figures it's something basic! I'm sure other times people have noticed but not said anything.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
You want to know who notices? Senior citizen women, that's who. They can notice beautiful hand knit soakers from across the room. I have had several older ladies approach me about our soakers.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I had Sara in her MM shorts and a cute tee today and all anyone said was "What cute little shorts you have there" When I tried to explain about CD's or wool covers they just looked at me like I was making it up or something! I just don't get it either. I am still trying to wear down my sister for her soon to be newborn.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
I had Connor in his baseball Bumhugger soaker today when we went to the doctor. The nurse noticed it and commented on it "Oh.. that thing is so cute!" I told her that I cloth diaper and she got this blank look on her face.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a lame explanation for this...perhaps they all thought the dipes were just one of those swim set thingys? I've seen a lot of them in catalogs, usually with a matching top or hat.

Searching for some sort of explanation here....
:

-Kimberly

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I agree with Kimberly. When people have commented on dd's diapers, they've always said that it's a cute swim diaper. Weird that I would dress her in a swim diaper when we're not anywhere near the water at the time though.
:

I'm sure your ds looked super cute. When I'm out with one of my dd's and I meet new people & they don't comment on how incredibly cute my kids are (especially when I have them looking their cutest), I immediately think there's something wrong with that person. Any person who doesn't comment on the greatness of my child isn't worth my time! :LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts
Only at the doctors office the dipes are noticed by anyone other than family. All my family has to say is "are you still doing that..you are making a big deal out of nothing get some huggies or something" go figure...been doing it for 9 months (the first month couldnt since he was in the hospital)

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NowOrNever
Doesn't that suck?! Usually if anyone notices what's on their bum, it's only when dh has them out somewhere.

Totally! DH converts more people than I do! He says that ds's cloth diapered bum is a total mama/baby and chick magnet. They all comment! I always make sure to have ds wearing a great diaper when he goes out with daddy!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I did have my son in a baby blue f/b and a t shirt that matched. My waitress says "oh, how cute! they make diapers in colors now. What a great idea"
I say " its not a disposable, its cloth"
she krinkles (sp?) her nose and says " ewwww , you wash them!?"
there went your tip lady!!!!

btw
Iv been cloth diapering for 7 weeks and I still don't understand the "soaker thing"
:

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
i felt the same way yesterday! DD's dr's appt- perfect time to have her in cloth, right? put her in an aqua fuzzibunz that coordinated PERFECTLY with her blue floral shirt & not ONE comment! Bizzare, that's what it is, bizzare! 3 comments on how she's the gerber baby, not one about the diaper. ugh.
:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts