Mothering Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
7,014 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stacey31
And I have one thing to say for the ONE BILLION green & blue sposie swin diapers I saw......:puke! SO THERE!
Have you ever tried those things? Back when I used sposies
: I used those for Ross when we went swimming. They don't hold pee at all so I'm not really sure how they could stand up in actual water!!!

I'm sorry nobody noticed!
I honestly think a lot of times Ross's diapers do get noticed but people can't believe what they're seeing so they just gawk instead.

· Registered
6,778 Posts
I think the sposie swim diapers are only meant to hold in solid waste. If they absorbed pee, they would absorb the pool/lake/ocean too.

I don't like them. The indoor pools in the city require not just any sposie swim dipes, but Huggies sposie swim dipes. Ugh.

· Registered
1,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ustasmom
You want to know who notices? Senior citizen women, that's who. They can notice beautiful hand knit soakers from across the room. I have had several older ladies approach me about our soakers.
Yup, that's who comments on ours, too. Otherwise, younger people look at me like I have three heads. And you know who's the worst? Mums from the 40-60 age group (including my own). They often say things like, "Why on earth would you make all that work for yourself?". I think they feel they liberated us from the "horrors" of nappy washing, and can't understand why we would choose to go back to cloth!

· Registered
472 Posts
We are off to the peds today- so of course- I took plenty of care in choosing the perfect dipes to match her little outfit! I even packed a firefly for weighing b/c I doubt they weigh much of anything... Funny thing though- neither the nurse or the ped has ever said a word about her dipes? My ped just unsnaps to check things then snaps her right back up like a pro... Makes me wonder if their are lots of cding mamas around here that I don't know!

· Registered
9,002 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmykidz
We are off to the peds today- so of course- I took plenty of care in choosing the perfect dipes to match her little outfit! I even packed a firefly for weighing b/c I doubt they weigh much of anything... Funny thing though- neither the nurse or the ped has ever said a word about her dipes? My ped just unsnaps to check things then snaps her right back up like a pro... Makes me wonder if their are lots of cding mamas around here that I don't know!

Our peds office too! Not a single word from 2 nurses and 1 doc at the peds?? Just a quick look and a snap back up and she had on a really cute frog aio
: I hope it's because there are a lot of cloth mamas here and I don't know it but I doubt it
. In the waiting room I saw a lot of sposied kids.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
"The indoor pools in the city require not just any sposie swim dipes, but Huggies sposie swim dipes."

I refused to put DS is a mommy & me swim class because they "required" a certain paper diaper for class. I told them that I was commited to NOT using paper on my DC's butts, but I had perfectly workable cloth dipes. They refused, I refused to give them my money; we'll find another place to take classes...

· Registered
2,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by orangemustang
I say " its not a disposable, its cloth"
she krinkles (sp?) her nose and says " ewwww , you wash them!?"
there went your tip lady!!!!
:

I think I had one person comment, that's about it (aside from the Pediatrician and nurse).

· Registered
11,789 Posts
I find that EVERYONE'S commenting on them to me. Maybe because it's a REAL rarity in this area????

At the doc's office, at a baby shower I threw last weekend (especially all the older mommas), at the ballpark (he's been stripped, "Hey look at this, isn't it cool? Have you see this!?") *LOL*

· Registered
2,240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieMum

I think that most people assume such gorgeous handywork exists only to cover ugly 'sposies! (instead of actually being a dipe unto itself)
:
Yeah, I think people assume they're just a cover to go over sposies, or part of the outfit. I wonder if they assume it's a super-full sposie since cd's are a bit bulkier than an 'empty sposie'?
:LOL If they only knew!

Elderly women always comment and seem really impressed that we're not participating in the disposable lifestyle (well, as much as we can). People who grew up during the depression have a mindset for frugality and practicality, and an appreciation for nice wool!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.