Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We've been using just the one big insert for about 1.5 years now but at 20 months she's starting to do huge pees and getting lots of diaper leaks.  We stripped them but I think it's more of a volume issue.  Someone recommended to double up the inserts but it's way too bulky with 2 large inserts.  I packed the newborn inserts away and have to find them, maybe I should try one big insert and one newborn insert?  I tried one HH insert and one BG insert and that worked well without being too bulky but I don't have many HH diapers to take the inserts from.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just curious what others are using with toddlers in BGs.  Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
<p>I've heard of stacking in one of those microfiber towels that you get at costco in the automotive department.  My friend just uses two of the big inserts for her 2.5 year old.  It's bulky, but works fine. </p>
<p>PS - Hi!</p>

·
Registered
689 Posts
<p>I am using one infant insert and one regular insert for my 5 month old's nighttime diaper...and ready to upgrade to something thristier myself...so I wouldn't waste a ton of time looking for that setup for your everyday diapering use.  It's sort of a pain to stuff the two in and line them up.  I'd be looking for one of those booster things they sell separately - maybe even call a cloth diaper store and ask?  I have also heard good things about the microfiber towels from costco.</p>

·
Registered
345 Posts
<p>DD is only four months, but FWIW, she is able to go all night (12+ hours) with no leaks, so I would think this combo would work for a toddler for a few hours. I stuff my BG 4.0s with a swaddlebees (or maybe blueberry? I think they're sister companies anyways) trifold hemp or bamboo insert plus a SB single hemp, or a veeeeerrry thin microfiber. Tthe downside to hemp is it's a bit stiff, but definitely not as bulky as microfiber.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts