Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm experiencing periods all the time. At first I thought it might be that one is ovulatory spotting, but it's much heavier than "spotting" and no different from my other "periods." You can see how short they are here: <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4b049" target="_blank">http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4b049</a><br><br>
Oct 08, 2008 - 1 -<br>
Sep 25, 2008 - 13 -<br>
Sep 03, 2008 - 22 -<br>
Aug 03, 2008 - 31 -<br>
Jul 03, 2008 - 31 -<br>
Jun 09, 2008 - 24 -<br>
May 23, 2008 - 17 -<br>
Apr 21, 2008 - 32<br>
Mar 28, 2008 - 24 -<br>
Mar 10, 2008 - 18 -<br>
Feb 10, 2008 - 29<br><br><br>
Has anyone else had any issues like this? It could be within the realm of normal, but I don't know...

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I'd take a pregnancy test first, just to rule that possibility out but no, this is new for me. When I had mirena I was completely amenorrhoeal.<br><br>
eta: new TO me, not for me. I'd still POAS.

·
Registered
719 Posts
This happens to me too. I don't get it. For 6 months I was getting a period (one was a little lighter than the other) about ever 12-18 days. It has finally stopped this month. I really hope it stays this way. I took pregnancy tests in my paranoia and I even had those super sensitive internet ones and I never got a positive. I couldn't find any info on it online.<br><br>
Out of curiosity what were your periods like before the mirena? Mine were always very long (8-9days) and heavy and I think maybe my body is just fighting the mirena tring to regulate things.

·
Premium Member
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My periods were also always long and pretty heavy before using IUD. It's hard to say though, because I've not menstruated quite like normal since high school. I've always been on some form of birth control or was pregnant/nursing.<br><br>
My mom, a CNM, seems to think that it's just normal for me. And that I must be on the weird side of normal for it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had a Mirena for over four years and my periods never stopped entirely. I don't quite remember what they were like before that because I was on the pill for about 8 years before that but I wouldn't say I was ever a heavy bleeder. They weren't that predictable on Mirena though. For a few months I'd have a regular period every 28 days, then I'd go 10 weeks without one. I took a lot of Dollar Tree pregnancy tests in those four years! I guess that was just normal for me because it was effective birth control and my cycles did go back to being regular after having it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts