Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My husband and I started to try to conceive this month.  We had sex on 11/9 as I was due to ovulate on 11/12.  Well, for about a week before my period I was getting mild, constant cramping like AF, but nowhere near as strong, which is extremely odd for my cycle.  My period is due today.  I did get negative HPTs on 10 dpo and 12 dpo ( which was this past Wed).  Well, yesteday morning, I had that scanty, spotting with mucus, which is exactly I had with my first pregnancy so I was geting excited it was implantation.  I had that spotting for about half the day yesterday.  Then towards the end of the day, I noticed I had it everytime I wiped which I didn't remember having it that much last time, but it was still kinda spotty.  There was just more of it.  With my normal period, I never get spotting, ever! AF comes on from the start with avengence.  Anyway, last night I was getting stronger cramping and woke up at 2:00 a.m. to go the bathroom.  I now noticed the spotting is more like bright red bleedng but still not like AF.  It didn't stain my underwear or anything and only comes out when I wipe.  (If it was true AF, I would have been soaked!) I really got discouraged and so I put a tampon on at this point thinking maybe implantation didn't stick and it is good ol AF flushing it out.  Well, later, I took the tampon out ( i used a regular strength tampon and I normally need Ultras on my first days of AF)and it's not even covered.  I still have the same thing today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, anyone know what is going on? It seems too heavy to be spotting but it's too light for my period.  Is it that implantation was starting but didn't stick for some reason?  Or Could I be pregnant and the implantation is causing a little more blood than it was last time?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone have this happen and can help me understand because I am really, really confused and am mentally exhausted at this point.  TIA!</p>

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
<p>Well,in my opinion the answer is, there's no way to know. If AF hasn't fully arrived, you're not out yet. But it could be any number of things, and only time will tell what it is.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Last cycle, I had a similar thing happen. I have a 13 day LP, every month, without fail. On day 13 I spot, and on day 14 AF arrives full force. Always! Well last cycle on day 13 I stated to spot, and then I continued to spot for 3 more days. Absolutely no need for a tampon or even a panty liner for me. And my temperatures stayed up, whch was even wierder. But, BFNs on pregnancy tests. AF did eventually arrive on day 17.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In my case, what happened? I have no way to know for sure, but I suspect I had achieved fertilization but implantation didn't happen properly. So it dragged my LP out longer than normal but didn't stick. On the bright side, the very next month I did get my BFP.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope that helps a bit!</p>

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>You're right.  I just have to wait and see.  It's weird because I can say the bleeding is light-to-medium when I wipe but it doesn't spot my pants whatsoever. (Sorry, TMI.) I only see it when I go to the bathroom and some goes in the toilet and then when I wipe but that's it.  Is it considered a type of "spotting" if it's not a usual period flow and only shows up when I wipe?</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts