Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 29 month old dd is still nursing, but often asks for "rice milk" in her sippy cup(it is actually a combination of almond milk and oat milk) and I usually give it to her. She really likes it, but I am wondering if this is a bad habit to get into. should I only be giving her water? We do not do juice at all, unless we are at a party or someone elses house. I was thinking maybe this milk habit is unhealthy, what do you think? But I also like that she is getting some calories, as she is not a big eater.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
At that age, my ds only had water in his sippy cup. All other liquids were in a regular cup unless in the rare circumstance that we were drinking something else where it absolutely could not be spilled (i.e. travelling). I would just put the "milk" combo in a regular cup unless you have a real need for a sippy.

Kris

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Ds is 19 months old and only has water in his cup.

I tried goats milk a week ago, but he didn't like it. ( i didn't either!)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
We do water and milk. We use sippies that are not the no-drip kind or we use straw cups.

dd is still learning to drink from a regular cup, so I only give her water in that.

She is also giving up her nap time bottle (which is her last one to go!)

She is 28 months.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Water only in a sippy.
He only drinks water, milk and mama milk

He has cow's milk in a bottle when I am at work. He is 15 months.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
DD is 15 months (heyla vanessa!) and her sippy cup is just for water. Sometimes I'll give her a splash of our homemade 'lime-ade' (water with a splash of lime juice and some mint) but that's all.

Of course, dd "steals" sips from any cup she gets her hands on, but that's another story!

·
Registered
743 Posts
DS (22mo) has "icy water" (way more popular than just water), some milk, and ocassionally watered down juice. By far the majority of his drinks are water. This isn't including breastmilk, which doesn't come in the sippy cup package.

He drinks from sippys, straws and regular open cups.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
usually water. very occasionally, juice or whole milk.

he still nurses copiously, but he drinks from sippies when wandering or open cups at the table or on picnics.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
PEPSI!!!

Just kidding, we don't use sippy cups anymore unless out and about, but her glass has a ratio of about 25% pomegranate (sp?) juice and the rest water, she had water all day with some booby juice this morning from her 'portable' sippy cup..... dd is 25 mths...

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
My dd is almost 20 months and for the most part only has water in her sippy. She gets milk at dinner (maybe 2 oz.) She specifically asks for it when I pour myself a glass, so I figure why not? Juice is only allowed on the weekends, and it's usually only given on the morning I sleep in by daddy. He loves juice and drinks it a lot if we have it, so he gives her some too.

·
Registered
12,662 Posts
Water. Sometimes (not everyday) I'll do a splash of juice in a cup full of water. He still refuses cows milk every time I offer it, and he is 31 months.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Mostly water, with the occasional squeeze of orange or splash of juice.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Emma gets milk and watered down juice from her sippy cups....she's been off the bottle sense she was 10 months old!

she is 16 months old now

·
Registered
320 Posts
Water--always.. but right now we are trying to allieviate some nursing so we have vanilla soy milk --she doesnt like it.. she'd ratehr have mama milk but my breast has some sort of weird rash that needs to get checked out by a dr and i'm concerned she'll get what my rash is in her mouth..
:
:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts