Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 days ago DS woke up in the middle of the night screaming and saying pee pee. I checked his dipe and there was blood in it--then I checked his penis and on the underside there were three distinct open wounds--they kind of looked like pressure sores. It was late and I wanted to help him so I put some
: Triple Antibiotic Ointment on it. Well, I have been changing his dipe everytime he wets, trying to put his penis to the side to help it keep dry, and trying to let him go without a dipe as much as possible. He isn't complaining about it hurting as much now but now the three spots that were open and weeping are now very distinct blisters. Help!! What can I do to help him and what is this? I would take him to the doc except they are so circ happy on base that I am afraid they will blame it on him not being circ'd and I can't afford to take him out in town right now. Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I would take him to a doctor first. May be you are thinking ahead and the problem is totally minor and they will not even mention circ issue. Once you know the reason you can explore your options.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one knows what this could be? I would really rather try some treatments at home first. Please. . .

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
This might sound strange, but could something have bit him down there???

Just the other day my dd (17 months) was grabbing herself down there a lot... so when I took her diaper off, I noticed that she had an ant bite there! We live in south florida so we get a lot of ant bites, but not, um, there

Anyway she had scratched it quite a bit and it was open and bleeding... but I could tell it was a bite just because she has had a bunch of them. I just cleaned it real well with soap and water and I put a bit of hydrocortisone on it
: It got better in about three days.

I know what you mean about the base (we are military too and I hate going in there unless it's dire) I usually get a vax lecture... by the way, did you know that she is a year and half behind on her vax schedule
yeah I knew that

Anyway, I'd keep an eye on him for a bit... watch for a fever (might mean it's infected) and see if it looks like it is improving. If they are healing and he has no signs of infection or anything I'd probably just wait it out, maybe put some weleda cream on it? I hope your little man is feeling better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts