Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a few of these threads, but a few new people on the forum, so I am starting another one.

I have/am:
-Working on getting all my right vitamins and such down on a daily basis
-Working on a bit of household organization that makes me feel not so overwhelmed at the thought of baby #3 while still working FT. (Blech)
-Trying to get my running built back up to 3 miles comfortably (This is a biggie, as it felt really good to run during my last pregnancy.)
-Find some great way to center myself a bit more (suggestions?
)
-Add in some yoga and/or pilates to my fitness routine. I really only lift right now, but want to be a bit more wholistic this pregnancy as far an exercise
-Save some money as this company I am with now will let me off for 3 months, but won't pay me for a lick of it
-Finish my dental work a week from Monday

That's what I've got!

What else is everyone listing?

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
-lose 45 pounds (im down 3!)
-correct all health problems
-get married

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
We've been trying for 6 months so I've gotten some of it done by now.
:
Things i've done while ttc:
-Full physical for me and dh
-Leep for me, clean bill of health afterwards
-Vitamin regimen for me
-Moved into our new house
-Started a garden
- Decluttered all our old junk!

Things I want to do/ have yet to do while ttc:
-Better schedule with MIL ( we care for her)
-Need to work on our car soooo bad
-Get dh to take his maca (lol)
-Put all the painting on our walls and finish decorating the bedroom

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
My original list was long and ambitious. Now that I'm a month away from TTC I've narrowed it down some.

I've already been eating better.
Already taking Vitex, Flinstones, and Folic Acid.
Been swimming aproximately 5 times per week.

To do:
Go to the dentist (it's going to take some serious miracles to get me anywhere near the dentist, but I'm trying to will myself to make the appt).

Once we're actually TTC I'm goign to start taking some Omega 3 too. I couldn't stomach flax oil, but I found a GREAT tasting Omega 3 at a health food store. But it's expensive, so I want to wait until we're trying.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
I would like a trip to the dentist... but i have no dental care until after Im married and as soon as we get married we want to TTC... like... that night.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Have done:
Started my prenatals. Been taking folic for 3 months.
Had a pap smear.
Checked my blood pressure (at the grocery store, for a base line).
Moved into a suitable apartment.
Raised the puppy to over 8 months.
Started eating better lunches.
Back at work, to collect maternity leave.

Want to do still:
get a tattoo (but wont because of money)
see the dentist (but wont because of money)
Buy a birthing pool?

I feel pretty good about where we are now. Nice to list some things, makes me feel like we actually are ready (minus the dentist).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Have done:

Want to do still:
Buy a birthing pool?

I feel pretty good about where we are now. Nice to list some things, makes me feel like we actually are ready (minus the dentist).
Er, just a gentle suggestion ... I would put "see the dentist" a coupla notches above "get a tattoo"?! Pregnancy is notorious for "taking a tooth" (old wives' tale? But calcium needs skyrocket) ... and tattoos always carry a risk of infection. (But I will admit, I am a bit prejudiced against them.)

I am so glad to see so many of you listing steps to improve your prenatal nutrition - esp. the vitamins.

BEST Luck!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Have done:
Started my prenatals. Been taking folic for 3 months.
Had a pap smear.
Checked my blood pressure (at the grocery store, for a base line).
Moved into a suitable apartment.
Raised the puppy to over 8 months.
Started eating better lunches.
Back at work, to collect maternity leave.

Want to do still:
Buy a birthing pool?

A new tattoo was on my list too..... I'm glad I did it because I just wouldn't have the time to do it now that we're delving into IF treatments
There's a great board on here of tatooed mama's that I've lurked on a bit too

The only thing on my list (since I've had time to do the whole dentist & doctor thing..)

Go to as many concerts as possible this summer. I love live shows and I know it will be tough to get out as I want when I have a LO..... and the excitement of upcoming concerts is keeping me occupied as all of this infertility stuff unfolds

·
Registered
927 Posts
Only thing I'm trying to do while TTCing is prepare Hunter who is going to be 2 in 4 days. Before I started it was to take prenatals for x amount of time and make a savings just for the new baby with everything we'd need and make a detailed list. I've got all those things done, now just need to get a baby in my belly.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Our list:

Go on our dream honeymoon (CHECK)
Have one last summer full of fun (CHECK)
Lose weight (CHECK, down 18lbs and lookin good)
Get both me and DH to eat better (CHECK)
Both get physicals done (CHECK)

And now we wait.....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsNature View Post
Er, just a gentle suggestion ... I would put "see the dentist" a coupla notches above "get a tattoo"?! Pregnancy is notorious for "taking a tooth" (old wives' tale? But calcium needs skyrocket) ... and tattoos always carry a risk of infection. (But I will admit, I am a bit prejudiced against them.)
Thanks for the tip, but they weren't in any particular order. Either way money prevents both (as does medical coverage).

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I am
at those who said "get a tattoo." I just told my mom the other night that I need to get a new one before we TTC. Also:

- dental work. As far as I know, I am cavity free at this point, having just dropped a bucket of money on fillings this past year. I think I need to get a filling fixed, though, and I'm do for a cleaning.
- preconception check-up with my midwife, plus a pap smear.
- I just started taking my prenantal vitamins and fish oil again. I need to work on eating a lot better.
- apply for medicaid.
- get into a daily yoga routine.
- start up with RRL tea again.
- get finances in order and start saving more.
- declutter and get rid of tons of crap. I need this place to be a little more organized.
- that tattoo.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm new around these parts, so I wasn't around for the previous thread. I like the idea! I really don't have too much to do. So far, I've been taking my vitamins every day (multi, folic acid, calcium, Omega-3), and most importantly, I stopped taking the pill! I'm also trying to eat more. I had mostly cut out sugar and fast food, but after going off the pill I dropped about 5 pounds. I know that doesn't seem like much, but I'm 5'8" and now 110lbs, so I'm trying to gain a few.

I'm continuing to work hard on my job. I'm a professor, and I go up for tenure in one year. If I do get pregnant within the next six months or so, there are a few work-related things I need to do now rather than later.

Oh, I did think of one thing I need to cut out--caffeine! I don't have a big caffeine habit, but I do enjoy my daily coffee. I'm going to try to cut that out or at least back to a few cups a week.

I think that's it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just curious - I see a few of you live in Canada and mention needing to get health coverage? I thought you folks had universal health care?

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
I posted in the other one, but it was more of a ramble instead of a list. I'm a bit more coherent now, as being on here has added things I didn't think of.

-Get married/honeymoon...13 days! So exciting!
-On the vitamins already, I have some vitamin absorption issues, so want to be on them as long as possible.
-Need to get an old filling taken out and a crown put on, I'm saving up and should be able to have that done soon.
-Need to lose about 15 lbs and get my tummy and back muscles strong. I'm working on that right now by running and eating no sugar and drinking no booze, so far I'm down 3lbs.
-Soon to be hubby wants to graduate and get a real job (he's getting his phd. right now). I'm fine with that, but if it takes too long, we're trying before that happens :p
-As far as the caffeine goes, I think I'm going to give that up at the last possible second. I like my coffee.
-I'm going off the pill when we get back from the honeymoon and I'm going to start charting. I can't stand the extra weight from it anymore, and I want it completely out of my system. I was reading a study they did that linked low sperm counts in men with their mom's getting pregnant on the pill. Kinda scared me a bit.
-I also want to read tons of books. I have a list on amazon I haven't bought yet. This is going to be my first, and I'm a research hound, so I want to learn as much as possible.
Being on here with all you lovely ladies is wonderful!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Elwonwy - 13 days and counting, eh? How Exciting!! Wish you a glorious day for the big event ... and every happiness in the coming days (and years) together.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Thank you. It's been very exciting getting ready for it, but I'm kind of at the point that I wish it was that day already. I feel I've been prepping for it forever.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Cool thread!

My list is

- take pre-pregnancy vitamins
- get into a regular routine with exercise
- lose 5-10kg
- get married
:

I have made a start with most of these. Wedding is in just under 5 weeks and then we start

1 - 18 of 18 Posts