Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, my title says it all. I'm in need of a new odor-resistant diaper pail for my fbs and liners. My diaper champ works well, but is WAY too small since DS is now in mediums.

I also need to know where I can find one, an uh, quick, too many diper containers going on here!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
771 Posts
honestly, anything will work-but the key to keeping down the odors is not putting the lid on tight-REALLY! I had great luck with leaving the lid off-the odors don't become overwhelming that way, and people who visited actually commented on the lack of odor (unless you stick your face by the bucket LOL)-some people just leave the lid cracked a tad for the same reason-if you close the lid it causes the "gases" which are formed during the breakdown of "matter" to become really heinous.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I use a flip-top kitchen trash can I bought at either walmart or target (don't remember). It's not airtight but we don't have a problem with odors. I use a large Bummis pail liner in it, plus tape a deodisk inside the lid. Works great!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3inclothdiapers
I use a flip-top kitchen trash can I bought at either walmart or target (don't remember). It's not airtight but we don't have a problem with odors. I use a large Bummis pail liner in it, plus tape a deodisk inside the lid. Works great!
That is what we use as well and it works great
..even with 2 year old poo

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by NatalieS
I like the pails with charcoal filters and locking lids. I loaned mine out and dh said if i wanted to keep cd'ing, i'd better get the good pail back!
Where do you get one of those?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.