Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. I have mostly wonder works, some wonderoos, and some coolababies. They are all starting to show serious signs of wear. I started when my 1st was about 15 months. I am now on my 2nd who is almost 1 year. So they have been in use for pretty much 2 years straight. Is this normal or not?

· Registered
6,484 Posts
It really depends on the type of diaper & the care with washing. In my understanding flats & prefolds tend to have the best life expectancy with pockets & aio's a little less so.

· Registered
375 Posts
That's what I was going to say! You can get pockets and AIOs to last through a baby or two, but prefolds and flats last longer. And you can use them for rags when you're done. That being said, I am still a fan of how easy pockets and AIOs are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post
It really depends on the type of diaper & the care with washing. In my understanding flats & prefolds tend to have the best life expectancy with pockets & aio's a little less so.

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wash them in hot water with Country Save. And then I hang them out to dry because we don't have a dryer. Does anyone have any experience specifically with the types of diapers I have?

· Registered
5,468 Posts
I CD my first for 4.5 years some diapers the entire time.. I have some prefolds that looks liek I just bought and preped them but had others that fell apart most of my one size fitted I kept look brand new but my flannel fitted bit the dust slowly they were very cheep though so I wasn't shocked. How we washed probably made a bit of a diffrence also after we found 2 bad rounds of staph we did start using a touch of clorox in our wash and that did likely contrubute so somediaper death but other things held up great.
My GMD prefolds my MEOS all ME covers and AIOs my nicky covers my dappi/bummi pull on pants my cloth ez covers my tiny tush one size and my all together AIOs all held up great..
My tiny tots fitted my baby textiles prefolds and my kissaluvs all pretty much died.

Deanna

· Registered
749 Posts
I have some diapers (my pockets) that have lasted the past 3 1/2 years and then I have others that fell apart after 5 months. And I even have a couple pockets that did not last the whole time. I'm sure my prefolds will last forever though, lol. It really depends on the diaper and how it is cared for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.