Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been getting discouraged lately starting up my advocacy shirt and bumper sticker business. Mostly because I cannot imagine processing orders and going to the PO every day, more than that really. SO I have been thinking of wholesaling or using a WAHM shop. I've thought of cafe-press but want to offer more than just white clothing. I really care about the advocacy and would love to earn some extra money too. I want to not have to maintain a web-site and worry about all the business end of things.
So how do those shops work? One I bought from recently listed stuff moms had made and showed a photo of them. When something was purchased, it was deleted from stock and an e-mail was sent out so the mom whose stuff was bought could contact the buyer and receive payment. I guess that still involves shipping and doing a lot of the business end of things huh? That is fine. I just don't have the motivation to run a store and site like I want to so I want to check into those shops.
Do you know of one that really gets a lot of customers?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I just wanted to add, cafe press has colored shirts now and colored hats

it may be a good starting point?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Also, if it's the running to the PO part that boggles you (it does ME!!! LOL!) sign up at usps.com. You enter a cc and you can print postage and labels right from your computer, then request a FREE pickup from your mail carrier. Works like a charm!!! No more waiting in long lines and trying to fill out labels while balancing a toddler on your hip and a preschooler between your legs!!!

HTH!

Lo

·
Registered
303 Posts
The last time I spoke with my carrier this was restricted to certain areas and not for Priority Mail.

Anyone know if this has changed?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I don't know about restricted areas, the website doesn't mention that, and I use it for Priority all of the time, so I don't know what your carrier was talking about. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country????

Lo

·
Registered
427 Posts
With t-shirts you only need first class mail becuse thye just don't weigh that much. And anything that weighs less than a lb can be dropped into any freestanding mailbox. No need to run all the way to the PO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts