Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the point of making/buying/having a cute pocket diaper if they just have to be covered with a waterproof cover anyways?

I am thinking of making my own diapers and the more I thought about the cute little fabrics I bought the more I started to question why I even cared about the cute little print if it was just going to be covered anyways?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Just to clarify - you mean fitted diapers, right? Pocket diapers are waterproof in the outside layer, so you don't need a cover...

But why bother making cute fitteds? Or embellished or dyed prefolds for that matter?

I just think they are fun. We do go coverless in the summer sometimes, but only at home.

I don't know - I guess it begs the question - why bother buying cute underwear? I've got my old workhorse Hanes, but it's nice to put some cute ones on once & a while, right? I guess I feel the same with my kid!

It's just for fun, really, though, because you're right. They hardly get seen.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I like cute diapers for a few reasons.

1. If they are the same price as white, then why not?
2. More fun to do laundry and put on baby
3. Often he goes coverless in around the house and outside so his bum can get some air.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Toddlers who resist diaper changes will often be more willing to let you change them if they can choose from a selection of cool-looking diapers.

"Hey buddy, I need to change your diaper."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
(a wrestling match ensues, or a poopy child stays poopy)

or

"Hey, buddy, do you want the airplane diaper or the truck diaper?"
"Tucks. Tucks, mama. Tucks."
"Okay, lay down here and I'll put the trucks on you."

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
We like the cute dipes for novelty things like football games when people will actually see our team-themed diapers. We also will forgoe pants in the summer so the dipes will be seen lots! Plus, it's much more fun to buy CD's if you're getting cute ones especially if you're paying $20+ for a pocket OS! I totally think it's more for the parents.

I also agree with PP that it entices people who don't CD or are grossed out by it when they see what CD's really are now. My Mom and sis (18yo) love our CD's because they're so cute! My sis even has a fave dipe...RaR Jill.
sup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.