Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new mommy to a 6 1/2 month old.. I didnt realize that there was anything wrong with vaccinations.. but reading some replies it seems that there is.. can someone tell me what is wrong? I havent given her the 6 month shots yet and want to be informed. I was always under the assumption that the vaccinations were just the thing to do and were safe and "for the best" but i am really worried that I might now be hurting her by giving her them so any replies would be great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,824 Posts
Welcome! Do some searches here, there's TONS of information, but let me give you a few starting places:

1. ingredients- do you know what's been injected into your sweet baby? metals (aluminum and mercury), poisons of all sorts, etc

2. The chance of vaccine reaction is higher than the chance of even CATCHING any of the diseases.

3. The diseases aren't scary. Were you scared of chickenpox as a kid? Of course not.

happy reading!

-Angela
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well why does my doctor or all doctors.. tell you to do the vaccinations? the more I read the more worried I am. when my daughter was 2 months old we gave her the 2 month shots and she got a temp of close to 102 I was FREAKING OUT but i took her to the emergency room and they pumped her full of infant tylanol and told me that it was normal... grr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the only thing I really thought I knew about vaccinations is that they took all the "bad" stuff out of it... i guess not.. but then what did they change?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissyfwb
well why does my doctor or all doctors.. tell you to do the vaccinations?
Money. And they've been brainwashed by the system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissyfwb
well why does my doctor or all doctors.. tell you to do the vaccinations? the more I read the more worried I am. when my daughter was 2 months old we gave her the 2 month shots and she got a temp of close to 102 I was FREAKING OUT but i took her to the emergency room and they pumped her full of infant tylanol and told me that it was normal... grr
a lot of reasons:

1. they're brainwashed- pharma companies write their books
2. They get kick-backs: vacations, freebies, you name it

As an aside- your child had a reaction- it needs to be reported to VAERS (bet they didn't tell you that, huh?) do a search here for more information.

Oh, and while you're at it- search tylenol here too. Bad news. Especially after vaccines.

-Angela
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,009 Posts
The change was that they removed thimerosal from some vaccines, or decreased the amount of thimerosal in other vaccines. Many of the childhood vaccinations contain aluminum, which is a neurotoxin that has been linked to alzheimers and other diseases. Many of them contain formaldehyde, which is carcinogenic.

The live virus vaccines (MMR, Varivax and the new RotaTeq) contain animal viruses, which are passed onto your child. No one knows exactly what some of these viruses do once inside the human body. Some of them cause cancer in the animals which they naturally infect. In the 60's millions of people in the world were given polio vaccines that contained a monkey virus called SV40. For decades they claimed SV40 was harmless in human beings. They now know for a fact that SV40 causes cancer in humans. The ony reason SV40 is found in human beings is because those millions of people got it from the polio vaccine. Unfortunately, they've passed it on through blood transfusions and God knows how else, because it's being found in children too young to have received the contaminated vaccine. Given that fact, do you really want to inject animal viruses into your precious baby, not knowing what they might do once inside? Some people feel that it's worth the risk, and while I'm glad they have the right to make that choice, I disagree with them. It isn't worth the risk to me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissyfwb
well why does my doctor or all doctors.. tell you to do the vaccinations? the more I read the more worried I am. when my daughter was 2 months old we gave her the 2 month shots and she got a temp of close to 102 I was FREAKING OUT but i took her to the emergency room and they pumped her full of infant tylanol and told me that it was normal... grr
Not all doctor's are like that. My own doctor was the one who told me to research first, so that I could make an informed and educated decision. This was well before Internet, and I spent weeks at the library, reading, cross-referencing, etc. And then decided that I would never vaccinate. My mother never vaccinated her children, either, and none of her grandchildren are vaccinated.

Acquired life-long immunity without adverse reactions cannot beat vaccinations and their very high risk of death/permanant injury.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ad.php?t=57794 I like this link because it takes you step-by-step and is non-judgemental.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,476 Posts
Hi Chrissy, a good place to start is to look at why you assumed that it was a good idea in the first place.

Then... do you have a family tree? Mine goes back to 1500, and makes very interesting reading. If you have one, how old were your grandparents when they died, and how many vaccines did they have?

Lets do this is small steps for you.

Next one.

How many vaccines did you have compared to what they want to put in your baby? Why do you think there might be a difference?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
One of my main concerns with vaccinating is where it leads to. More and more vaccines are 'needed', diseases mutate, people with NO natural immunity...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
I wanted to add a comment to the 'brainwashing.'

Doctors believe that the vaccinations are for the greater good of society. So aside from the wining and dining by the pharmaceutical reps to use the pharm. company's products, these mainstream doctors really believe they are doing something good. Not only that, they rely on AAP, FDA and other governmental organizations to guide them in determining the vaccine schedule. They trust them completely, as do so many parents. But, these government organizations are not perfect. There are people serving on the boards who decide which vaccines to use on the vaccine schedule who have a conflict of interest, ie they may own shares in a pharmaceutical company that manufactures a vaccine that has been added to the childrens vaccine schedule.

Slowly, the evidence is coming out of a cover up. www.putchildrenfirst.org

Then you have an elevated rate of children with developmental disorders/ delays ranging from language delays and sensory integration dysfunction to ADD/ ADHD and autism. Why? Did all of these exist 50 years ago?

You should read Evidence of Harm by David Kirby. It was released last year.
You should also read What your Doctor Doesn't Tell you about Vaccines by Stephanie Cave.

This is why you have to educate yourself in these matters and make the best decision for your child because you certainly can't rely on the government and doctors to do it for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
((hugs)) take things one step at a time. The great thing is that you listened to that little voice in your head that said "Maybe this isn't right", for me it took a reaction in on of my children to listen to that pang.
MT has a great starting point for you.
One thing that made me feel better about my choice was to look up the incidence of the diseases we vax against on the CDC (Center for Disease Control) website.

ETA: look at the rise of autoimmune diseases such as asthma, ADD/ADHD, diabetes, learning disabilities, autism and see how the directly correlate with vaccinations.

The "bad stuff" taken out of vaccines was thimerisol (although it is not completely out of vaccines) there is still a list a mile long of other carcinogens and toxins that are in the vaccines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by buttercup
This is why you have to educate yourself in these matters and make the best decision for your child because you certainly can't rely on the government and doctors to do it for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlec
This chart shows you ingredients. It's really amazing. Esp. the fact that there are aborted fetuses being injected into our children. Even if that's not a moral problem for you I find it's cannibalistic and disgusting.

http://www.informedchoice.info/cocktail.html
that is horrible and disgusting! thank you so much for the link! (even if i do feel very ill now)

what i learned from my dogs and my previous vets (i was a dog mommy first: ) is that not all docs/vets know what they're talking about and there are certain areas they get very little training in, so they simply do what is commonplace. it certainly doesn't make it right.

this is a nice summary thread - thx all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,963 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissyfwb
well why does my doctor or all doctors.. tell you to do the vaccinations?
Not ALL do. Our pediatrician, an M.D. with priviledges at Children's Hospital Boston, offers ONLY tetanus by special request. She does not feel the other vaccines' benefits outweigh the risks. However, for parents who want more vaccines she suggests going to the Public Health Department.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,558 Posts
For an even handed treatment of the issue I recommend "Vaccinations, A Thoughfull Parents Guide" by Aviva Romm, and Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health by Aviva Romm for keeping you dc healthy and treatments. You can always vaccinate later but once they are in you cannot take them out.

Manufacter's Inserts:
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm

VAERS
You can search the VAERS database for reactions to recommended vaccinations.
http://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.html

CDC Pink Book:
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/..._pink_full.htm

CDC Ingredients list:
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/...nt-table-2.pdf

Another Ingredients list:
http://www.informedchoice.info/cocktail.html

Vaccines are Not Mercury-Free:
http://www.acnem.org/journal/23-2_se...nd_mercury.htm

To find out what exemptions are offered by your state (for school and such) check here:
http://www.909shot.com/state-site/state-exemptions.htm

AND

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=446739

Some basic questions to ask yourself...

What is the disease?
If my child gets it, what are possible complications?
How likely and how severe are those complications?
What should I do to prevent those complications or to properly support my child through the disease?
What is in the vaccine?
How likely and how severe are the various complications?
Can I treat those complications? If so, how?

Start making a list or packet of articles for each disease and vaccine. This then turns into a super in dept pro/con list. And it takes a lot of fear out of the equation. Use all sorts of sites and books to get your info. Identify the bias and then take that into account. You'll be surprised at how much info you can find from the CDC that (as long as you look at the info and not the conclusions) lean toward not vaxing! Remember that you can delay vax, spread out the vax, or not vax your dc if you choose; you don't have to get them at 2,4,12mo, etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,324 Posts
One of my biggest problems is the safety studies on vaxes (or, rather, lack thereof).
See this thread: Do you know how vaccines are evaluated for safety? Prepare to be surprised http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=481760

Combine that with the ingredients (that even the cdc admits are toxic, they just won't say so in connection with vaxes) and the fact that, by their very nature, vaxes have long term effects on your body, and I really am not comfortable with vaxing any further (I vaxed until 1yo).

ingredients
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/...nt-table-2.pdf

ToxFAQ's on the CDC http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts115.html
(you can find other ingredients by clicking on the a-z list on the left)

Medical Management Guidelines (MMGs)
for
Formaldehyde
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/MHMI/mmg111.html
(same here as above-click on the a-z list to see info on other vax additives)
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top