Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel stupid for not knowing this, but where do you measure this? I think my dd has a not normal one (?) b/c I bought Swaddlebees and they do not work for her. She leaks everywhere (pee and poo). So I am not even using them. My dd is 4.5 mos old, she is 27in, and over 14 lbs. I would like to buy some pockets and a Happy Heiny or a Bum Genius but I want to do it correctly this time.
Thanks!
Jen

·
Registered
663 Posts
BumGenius is a "one-size" diaper, so it should fit everyone (has snaps to adjust the size). I *think* (not sure here - I'm a newbie as well!) that the rise means from the crotch up to the waist, where the diaper would fasten. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!!

Mary

·
Registered
895 Posts
wanted to bump this so you could get the right answer, because i'm curious too. i thought it was from ankle to crotch?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
the rise is basically how long you want the diaper to be. in general you want to measure from baby's navel (or where you want the diaper to come up to in the front) thru their crotch/ between the legs and up to where you want the diaper to stop in the back.
does that help?

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by clovergirl
the rise is basically how long you want the diaper to be. in general you want to measure from baby's navel (or where you want the diaper to come up to in the front) thru their crotch/ between the legs and up to where you want the diaper to stop in the back.
does that help?
That's how I always measured diapers, too.

With pants, ("low-rise" jeans), the measurement is usually the center crotch seam to the waist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts