Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted about this several months ago, and I thought it was a great idea, did it once, then stuff got hectic (and we MOVED), and now I've lost the link, and I don't even remember what it was called, so searching for it won't work.

It was a process where the parent sits down with the child, and they go over things that the child has learned and things that they want to learn next, and the parent &/or child writes it down. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
456 Posts
For one thing, that's part of what we do as holistic, unschooling, Waldorf homeschoolers.
: Ugh - I hate labels - but to me this is one definition of relaxed homeschooloing or unschooling - because it is child-led, but holistic in that the parent is sharing advice.

I would call this an "assessment" (as another thread is discussing) because we truly are assessing where we have been and where we are going.

Best wishes,

Lucie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.