Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I can't see it.
I don't think the linky is working.

Is it green though, I think I know which one you are talking about.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I think it is an aristocrat, looks just like it. if it is they did a REALLY good job of dyeing it, I dont think I could have done that.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamingMama
It looks like an Aristocrat and believe me if that was koolaid dyed it would not be so perfect lines like that. No way!! I wonder how the heck she did it?
Spray dye :LOL
(((totally kidding)))

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaofthreeboys
Huh? Those are interesting! Looks like she used a iron on patch type LOL on the monkey one & probably the baby one too~
no I really think the baby one is embroidered, I just noticed that if you look closely it looks like the wool was seperated and embroidered then stiched back(look real closely at the hem about the "baby") but then it may just be my tired eyes, LOL

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
OK, I've bid on it...darnit!
:

If I win it, I'll give the scoop on inner tags, closer inspection remarks, etc. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkHorseMama
OK, I've bid on it...darnit!
:

If I win it, I'll give the scoop on inner tags, closer inspection remarks, etc. Wish me luck!
aristocrats have an outer tag and that is it(or at least the one I have only had an outer tag, LOL) so I dont know if that will help, but I am sure looking at it in person will help, LOL

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ok ya'll..I had to do it! I e-mailed the seller and asked her if it's a 'crat. In a really nice way saying... "I just wanted to know for size comparison since they look so similar". I'll let ya know when I hear form her

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
They do look an awful lot like Aristocrats... I wonder if she took off the tags?

I agree w/ Kathleen though, there is no way you could paint on dye that perfect like the one w/ stripes. At least no way that I know of!

Very interesting...

·
Registered
461 Posts
I heard back from the seller. She said they are not aristocrats, that they are made by a company in Canada and she will have more for sale often. So, it sounds like she has a wholesale deal with them. She did agree that they are very similar to aristocrats.

She didn't say how she dyed it. However, I did have a dream last night that she colored it with a permanant marker :LOL

·
Registered
611 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishas Tribe
She didn't say how she dyed it. However, I did have a dream last night that she colored it with a permanant marker :LOL
:
I just got this picture in my head of a mama hunched over a soaker with her kid's crayola markers. LOL!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts