Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a clicking/popping kind of sound right where my baby's head and also my pubic bone is. However, i know its not the bone. It happens when his head moves. This has been going on for a few days.....and its weird! I'm due any day now, and had some "labor" this morning for about an hour, but it fizzled out.
: So what is this noise? Is it my bag of waters? I'm not leaking anything. Hmm...

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quite a few women hear clicking noises coming from their belly. It usually doesn't have anything to do with impending labor though.

I'm sorry you're dealing with stop-start labor. Are you sure your baby is anterior? Sometimes they keep trying to get in the right position. www.spinningbabies.com is WONDERFUL to follow to the T.

Otherwise, if your baby is in the perfect position for labor, it's probably just your body warming up. It's a pain, but ahhhh it can make for really nice labors! I had the most prodromal labor with my last baby & my labor was just an hour and a half. Pretty easy the whole time.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My CNM said baby is in perfect position. I was obsessive about asking her and making her check because my first was born posterior and his labor was horrible. She also said this baby's head is already engaged, so I hope he can't do a whole lot of moving around at this point!

I love the Spinning Babies site!! I was having some sciatic nerve pain about a month ago, and I used some of the exercises on there and it went away!

·
Registered
471 Posts
DD "cracked" all the time when she would move very late in my pg. I was so worried about the "brittle bones" disease- thinking that was the only thing that would explain the cracking I was hearing. My ob laughed it off. When dd was born, her head came out and then we all heard a crack. When dd was examined, she had a broken clavicle from birth. Let's talk about being freaked out! But she's totally fine (it was just a coincidence- no brittle bones). She does still crack all the time though- she's just a jointy girl I guess. I still have no explanation from the cracking sounds I'd hear when she'd move in my belly.

I'm interested to see if I hear the same with this one during this pg.

I never heard anyone else have this before! I hope everything is fine and try to rest assured that it can be normal- strange, but normal.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Very common noise. One of those things women don't talk about because others will think she is wierd. Some pgs I hear it more than others. Its not the baby, its the bags of water rubbing against each other when the baby moves. My last labor started with my bags breaking, its the second time I heard it break and it sounded just like that. Both times I thought it was just the cracking again but then water comes pouring out. But rest assured its normal, its ok.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Heart
Very common noise. One of those things women don't talk about because others will think she is wierd. Some pgs I hear it more than others. Its not the baby, its the bags of water rubbing against each other when the baby moves. My last labor started with my bags breaking, its the second time I heard it break and it sounded just like that. Both times I thought it was just the cracking again but then water comes pouring out. But rest assured its normal, its ok.

Very cool!!

When my labor started with my 2nd I heard/felt a click. It was like the little thing that you stick in a turkey when it is cooking to tell when it is done. It 'clicked' and my little turkey...er I mean baby was done cooking. Labor started right there and then. (but water didn't break till 10 cm) and she was born 6 hours later.

Now with my 3rd I felt like the middle of my pubic bone was popping. It happened about a dozen times and it hurt like nothing else (except transition
) I would go to stand up or sit down and then POP. It was hard to explain but them my sister heard it and saw the pain on my face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts