Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday at my 38 week OB appointment I was checked for the first time and was high at 1cm. Not long after I started feeling really crampy and sore. It's still here today and difficult to walk and sit up in a chair, I'm so sore. I have had a few contx but mostly just sore.

Could this still be from the internal exam or the beginning of labor, or what?

any advice or reassurances would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chlorita
Could this still be from the internal exam or the beginning of labor, or what?
Could be from the internal... could be some pre-labor softening & effacing the cervix.

Sounds like your body's doing what it should be, but obviously call your provider if you're concerned.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
did you bleed at all or have increased discharge? did he strip your membranes? I hope not, you're too early for that!

it could just be soreness from the internal. tell him to be more gentle next time, or better yet, don't get another internal exam. unless you have some complicating reason to do them, they're not really necessary.

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
As my midwives said yesterday - crampy usually means that it's affecting the cervix. You could be ready to go. Stay well hydrated and rest - if you're not ready - it should stop - if not, well.... Good luck!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Popping in to say that I experienced the same thing after my 36 week internal exam with ds but I didn't go into labor until 39.5 weeks. I was crampy and achy for weeks!

I hope you'll go sooner!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoMama
As my midwives said yesterday - crampy usually means that it's affecting the cervix. You could be ready to go. Stay well hydrated and rest - if you're not ready - it should stop - if not, well.... Good luck!
My midwife's advice was similar. I had been having some crampiness and there was a little blood in me pee stick test at 36 weeks, and she said those are usually signs of effacement. After my 37 week VE to check for head down position, I know that I'm not dilated though (but she's so gentle that I didn't have any discomfort after the VE luckily).
chlorita - Hopefully your symptoms were just coincidental!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.