Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these hypoglycemia-like symptoms that seem to come and go. I've been to 2 different doctors and they did some blood tests and say I'm "perfectly normal." I'm just so frustrated because I know how I feel isn't normal or healthy. I feel like it's something to do with my blood sugar.

My symptoms are: nausea, headache, mind fog, trouble putting sentences together, and extreme tiredness. It feels better right after I eat, but when things are bad, some times I feel bad again 15 minutes later. ...and like I said, it's not like this everyday. It comes and goes. Also, my sister has the same exact problem.

I've a had a thyroid test, blood glucose test, and fasting glucose test.(which I passed out at)

I just want to figure out what is wrong with me. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

· Registered
345 Posts
Do you eat a lot of grains and sugars? Some people are very sensitive to grains and even fruits - even whole grains can cause problems for some.

Maybe start tracking what you eat and how you feel afterward? Add more protein and fat and see if it affects you?

· Registered
8,340 Posts
What's your BP like? Low? Sounds like adrenal fatigue - there's a mile long thread about it around here, on one of the first couple of pages. Or Lyme, but hypoglycemia is a first symptom of adrenal fatigue.

· Registered
1,611 Posts
Yeah, I would second a low glycemic index diet and see what happens. Eat less more often. Carry some nuts or some other protein snack with you for 'when it's coming' ya know, when you start to feel kinda icky. yeast, hypoglycemia, adrenal fatigue, food intolerances, they all kinda go hand in hand. I would push for more specific testing to see how your body processes sugar, and the thyroid tests - there are more in depth screens that can be done. ultimately they can still come back 'normal', but that doesn't mean your body is using the hormones appropriately because there can be problems from ahhh estrogen disruptors & stuff tricking your body. Maybe check out neuro modulation technique I think it's called. I did it awhile back for adrenal fatigue and it really helped. nothing showed up in reg. med tests.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.