Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost a year of MEOS, I have finally stumbled into the world of cute diapers (no thanks to MamaTT, might I add). So here I am, minding my own business and next thing I know there is a diaper in my cart and WHOOPS, did I just pay for it?

So, I decide to make a budget... $20 a month. I'm gonna stick to it.

WHOOPS! Another dipe is on its way to my happy little mail box.

I think I have FIVE on their way right now!!!

Dh is gonna kill me...

Is there a cure?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerlane
After almost a year of MEOS, I have finally stumbled into the world of cute diapers (no thanks to MamaTT, might I add). So here I am, minding my own business and next thing I know there is a diaper in my cart and WHOOPS, did I just pay for it?

So, I decide to make a budget... $20 a month. I'm gonna stick to it.

WHOOPS! Another dipe is on its way to my happy little mail box.

I think I have FIVE on their way right now!!!

Dh is gonna kill me...

Is there a cure?

Yeah - I had a $20 a month budget for awhile too. But the last few months I've really blown it. The Trading Post is what did me in!

But I'm cding two, so I can justify it, right? Right? Sure....

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Let's see...I started off with about $20...Then, dh gave me a job doing some filing, and now I get a tiny lil check that goes towards my, um hum, 'hobby'
. Yeah its addictive. 7 1/2 yrs here, and I still get happy everytime I get fluff
!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I held off for the longest time, but I'm now a goner too. I did 12 whole months with a stash of only Happy Heiny's. They stopped working for us at night and I had to go searching for something that would and before I knew it, I'd spent $400. Now I cant stop, I just have to have one of everything.

I will not go down the elbee path, that'll only end in tears. I'm kicking myself for the time I had a look on fluffymail and could have checked on the basics dozen and chose to buy only 2 instead. Stupid stupid stupid!

I just have binges, then spend a month or two paying for them - by begging, borrowing, stealing and lying my head off about where the money's gone. Im in non buying mode right now, but it wont be for long!

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boys4me
There's no turnin' back now! ONce you've got fluff fever, you never get rid of it...

Makes you wanna have more babies just to out those sweet little dipes on 'em!
Fluff fever...I'm glad the illness finally has a name. It never goes away either. You may think it does and then it flares up up again.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boys4me
Makes you wanna have more babies just to out those sweet little dipes on 'em!
Yeah, Dh and I just started talking about #2 and can you believe I am most excited about being able to diaper a newborn (well, that and getting to homebirth this time!!).

It's an illness, I say! ILLNESS!

·
Registered
548 Posts
It is a VERY bad addiction! It's hard to keep it in check. Especially because you can justify it because it's actually "good for the baby". Right? lol
My original plan was to spend as much as I'd spend on sposies every month until I had a stash that would give me enough for 3 days of diapering. I figure that's around $40-50 a month. Well, I've sort of been able to keep that figure in check but I'm a tiny bit over. I've also just about reached a decent stash level but I don't see my desire for buying new diapers decreasing one bit! I recently had to cut myself off from coming in here to MDC. I did pretty well those weeks but of course, I'm back and of course, I bought! You either give in and buy or you feel tortured as you refrain from buying. There's no in between.

The big problem now is that I signed up on some Yahoo groups thinking I'll just "observe" some Hyena stockings. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!! Now even if I quarantine myself from MDC I get emails enticing me to buy buy buy!!!!

I really have to get over my Ebay illiteracy so I can put some stuff up for auction to get some paypal funds generated!

It's hopeless I tell ya! You've now got the fever! Welcome to the nuthouse.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
My hubby "cut me off," the big meanie.
I had to resort to my secret stash, which is pretty much depelted, having bought 6 dipes in the last week and a half. Now I am watching the mailbox like a hawk! It's a sickness. I think I need help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.