Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat is 8 years old. He is an indoor cat. He suddenly dropped a ton of weight and when I picked him up he started gagging. His eyes were sunken and he wasn't eating or drinking. I had limited funds but took him to the vet anyways. The vet checked him out and gave him some antibiotics and and injection of liquid to help hydrate him. She said he seems healthy but his heavy laboured breathing was worrying. She gave us a long list of diagnostic tests totally $500, she didn't know what was wrong with him.

4 days later he is eating, drinking and using the litter box. He is alert and cuddly. Yet he is still breathing slow and heavy and if you try to pick him up of if he gets exicted and flops over for a belly rub, he starts gagging and freaking out. I don't know what to do. I could try to get an increase on my credit card to pay for some diagnostics but which test should I start with? If it's something major like cancer, I won't be able to treat him anyways so what's the point? I'm really upset and don't really know how to proceed.

Any ideas on what it could be or what tests I should start with that'll give me the most info?

Thanks

Jen

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.