Mothering Forum banner

What is your baby's name going to be?

3K views 72 replies 56 participants last post by  Shiloh 
#1 ·
Boy:

Cabhan David

Girl:

Aile Amber

Cabhan is pronounced Cavan and mean grassy hill or hollow.
Aile is pronounced I-lee.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
Very nice! We are going with Ivy too.
Thanks! I like your selection, too! And did you see there was an Ivy Evangeline recently born in the June DDC? Ivies all over, I guess! There are so many names I love (I'm obsessed with names, and I had a list of dozens for years before we got pregnant), but Ivy was the only girl name that DH and I could both get excited about, so maybe it was meant to be.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyz View Post
Thanks! I like your selection, too! And did you see there was an Ivy Evangeline recently born in the June DDC? Ivies all over, I guess! There are so many names I love (I'm obsessed with names, and I had a list of dozens for years before we got pregnant), but Ivy was the only girl name that DH and I could both get excited about, so maybe it was meant to be.

I'm not changing it but I don't like that its getting popular! At least Persephone should always be unique.

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
I'm not changing it but I don't like that its getting popular! At least Persephone should always be unique.
Yeah, that's a concern, but I'm actually not too worried about it. Although it seems very popular on MDC (I've been told it's the new "official eco-hippie" name, which I guess could describe us pretty well
), I doubt it will ever become too popular in our real life social circle. Actually, I'm concerned that most people we know will think it's too weird/different, so its increasing popularity actually makes me feel a little better about it. Another thing that comforts me--my own name peaked around the time I was born, and got as high as about #40 on the top names list, and I VERY rarely meet another one. Ivy is ranked around #300 now, so I doubt we'll ever meet many of them, and it will be more like a pleasant surprise than an annoyance. I know it's on the rise, but I don't see it becoming the next Emma/Ava/Olivia/Sophia/Lily. So take heart, Ivy's mom!

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyz View Post
Another thing that comforts me--my own name peaked around the time I was born, and got as high as about #40 on the top names list, and I VERY rarely meet another one. Ivy is ranked around #300 now, so I doubt we'll ever meet many of them, and it will be more like a pleasant surprise than an annoyance. I know it's on the rise, but I don't see it becoming the next Emma/Ava/Olivia/Sophia/Lily. So take heart, Ivy's mom!

Thanks!

Luckily all my kids have really unique middle names so they can always divert to that if they are looking for something a little different.

I come from the Megan background which was never Kelly or Jennifer but there were at least a few others in each of my classes. I wanted to be me not "Megan W or Megan S?"

#24 ·
DH and I had an easy time with a boy's name... Daniel Edward V (since my hubby is a 4th, he figures it as a family heirloom and it should be handed down).

The girl's name was much more difficult... we had names that one or the other of us really liked, but couldn't come up with anything that we both really liked. Then we finally came up with one... Brianna Teresa Marie.

Happiness all around!

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by poopzmom View Post
Amelia Anne and Annalise Grace

Are you having twins, or just not decided? Two of my daughters are Amelia and Grace!

We don't know what we're having, so it will be Jack Matthew for a boy, (my husband is Matthew Jack, but goes by Jack) and Cameo Lynn for a girl (I'm Cameo Rose and Lynn is my sister's middle name).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.