Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only tried Bravado, which were highly recommended to me by a trusted friend (who, however, has much smaller breasts). Another bf'ing mama who is more my size, mentioned that she needed more support, and used Bravado for sleeping and around the house only.

What do you like/recommend?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by I Fly
I've only tried Bravado, which were highly recommended to me by a trusted friend (who, however, has much smaller breasts). Another bf'ing mama who is more my size, mentioned that she needed more support, and used Bravado for sleeping and around the house only.

What do you like/recommend?

I got one from Motherwear...let me see if I can find it...
oh yes here: The Great Support Bra

HTH

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've found that the nursing bras Target carries are comfortable and supportive and they last about the same amount of time as the more expensive nursing bras. The price is around 15.00 per bra.

Heidi

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
When I was 36DD (*sigh*), my favorite bra was playtex expectant moments soft cup bra. They are very affordable. You can get them almost anywhere that sells maternity clothes - local department stores! I found them to be the best combination of comfortable and supportive.

Now that I am larger, my favorites are made by Goddess or Decent Exposures.
try www.birthandbaby.com for some really good info on what bras work best for different sizes and shapes.
Fancee Free, which is suggested above (the great support bra) is very supportive but isn't very comfortable, and the straps slide down my shoulders. Also, if I'm wearing one that doesn't quite fit right, it makes my back hurt terribly.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ditto to the expectant moments bra by playtex. It's easy to find at Penny's etc, and it has a broad range of sizes. I wear the 36DD and it's not too constricting if there is milk in my breasts. I always thought my bravados were too soft. But yes good for sleeping.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have been wodering this exact thing! I've been wearing almost exclusively the 100% cotton sleep bra from Motherhood. Can't beat the price, $13! But I feel like I should probably have something with a bit more support. I've gotten spoiled with no underwire, that's for sure.

I shopped around Motherwear (I love this store- so BF supportive!) and I'm wondering if anyone's tried any of these:

sleep bra

cross over comfort not too thrilled that this isn't cotton

sleek comfort

cottony smooth cup

Thanks mamas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.