Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need one size 25#+

Have been looking on TP- with no luck-

But was wondering what kinds you all like.

I have a biobottoms that is size D(they must run small) that is almost too tight that I have been using..

I also have an Ajz wool soaker that is great- but it is too small(it is only a med)

So do tell- watcha all like?

·
Registered
227 Posts
For covers, I like Phunkymama. It looks like she has a few instock and also has a few custom slots open! I also like Hunny Buns. Lisa makes the cover to your child's measurements and they're very affordable. I also love my covers from Patchwork Pixie, but it looks like she's on vacation right now and doesn't have anything in stock.

For soakers, I like Knitty Ups and she is open for custom orders as well. Also check out ebay--I've seen lots of soakers being posted there lately.

You could also check the Daily Diaper and Diaper Reviews for stores to check out.

·
Registered
500 Posts
For nighttime I love my Aristocrat - Isaiah has lots of room to grow in the large (he's 30 pounds) so you should be fine with that size. I also love my new wool cover from Fluffy Mail - very trim (medium weight) and very pretty! That's all I've tried so far - good luck finding what you need!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi There!

I just started using wool soakers about 3 months ago. I made on wool cover myself, but prefer the pull up kind as dd can't get them off.

I bought two from a gal that sells on ebay...I will remember her name by the time I am done with this post..ugh, but she makes them from recyled sweaters! (I think it is Izella something!)

Just got this soaker in and she has been in it for most of the day, and I am definitely getting more!! It is beautiful!
from http://www.mosaicmoon.net

Let me try to put up a pic one more time...Mosaic Moon Soaker

·
Registered
227 Posts
I haven't tried any others apart from the Aristocrats, but they certainly get my vote. My daughter is a MAJOR wetter at night, and no matter which diaper we tried ( and we tried A LOT! ), the only thing that kept her bed dry was the Aristocrat.

HTH
Susan

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
I've only tried three kinds of soakers, but these worked so well and I love them that that I've stuck with them:

Little Turtle Knits, Aristocrats, ecolovables Wetter Sweaters

The first two are very leakproof for my heavy wetter and get softer with repeated washings. I've had my aristocrats for over 4 years and they are on their second kid and still doing great. I'd say aristocrats are a bargain if you use them for more than one child.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have some Woolie Babies soakers and LOVE them. www.wooliebabies.com

I have been eyeing the mosaic moon ones http://www.mosaicmoon.net and some Little Turtle Knits, as well as a few others.

Here are a few wahms that I have found that make the wool soakers...

www.wooliebabies.com
www.woolybumbums.com
www.mosaicmoon.net
www.littleturtleknits.com
www.babyluv.net - snap style
www.earthymamacreations.com
and the famous recycled ones sold by www.fernandfaerie.com

I have only tried the wooliebabies myself, so want to clarify that... I am not spamming these other wahms, just have a list of those who I have looked at and will possibly buy from as $$$ permits. I do not personally know any of these wahms....

nak - Teri

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Do you mean wool cover or soaker? My two favorites are sugarpeas because it fits my chubby thighed toddler perfectly and is easy to use and fuzbomb because the wool is so darn thick and soft and it's bright red.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.