Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
It's really hard to choose a favorite. I looooove dips so much! I'll narrow it down to a few though

Hummus (lots of garlic)
Baba Ganouj
Artichoke spinach dip

Spinach & yogurt (or sour cream) dip with leek soup mix and water chestnuts. My mom made this a lot when I was a kid, served it with wheat thins or inside pumpernickel bread. It is SUCH a comfort food for me.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Pimento cheese.
I have a Paula Deen recipe for this and I made it twice but never again. It's one of those foods that you can't have in the house or else you just keep eating.....and eating......and eating it. I don't have enough self control.

One dip I miss is sour cream and onion, I used to eat that ALL THE TIME but... without the greasy potato chips there's really no point.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
The one that's in front of me.

I have a real weakness for the ol' spinach-and-artichoke dip, the kind with mayo that's baked. With tortilla chips. Or Ritz crackers. But I also love any kind of chip dip, veggies with ranch dip, the dill dip that comes in a big rye boat, guac, salsa, bean dips, queso, crab dip, shrimp dip, tapenade, you name it! At parties, I find the dip and stand there, and let other people come to me. :LOL

~Nick

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mz_libbie22
One dip I miss is sour cream and onion, I used to eat that ALL THE TIME but... without the greasy potato chips there's really no point.

Back pre-kid when I ate whatever I wanted without remorse, I'd get a big tub of heluva good French onion dip and baked ruffles. But hey, at least the chips were baked, right?
:

mmm... Now I've got a wicked craving!
Maybe i'll get some, for a Halloween treat...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.