Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm itching to put together a newborn stash for my babe on the way. I'm holding off on actually buying until I know the sex of this little one which will hopefully be in a few weeks. For now, I'm at least getting a list going.
I know a couple dozen prefolds will be the backbone of my stash. I love them! But, I also want to throw in another dozen or two of fitteds, pockets and/or aios for fun/nighttime/diaperbag diapers. I just don't have a clue which ones! What are your favorite fitteds, pockets, and aios for the newborn/small stage? Oh, and I definitely want to get some nb wool.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My MIL found me 10 xs FBs for $25 and they were/are my favorite. (Can you believe she still fits em?!) But we didn't have a whole lot.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
VB AIOs, XS FBs, KL0s. For wool, Lotus Knits (on HC) and Belladonna (also on HC) made amazing capris and soakers for the girls.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Enough that I can only wash every second day !

If I could find / make some infant sized pre-fitteds I'd be in heaven though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I could have written your post!!! I'm due at the end of Jan and am also not-so-patiently waiting to find out the sex so I can start buying some cute fitteds and covers. I'm planning to use primarily prefolds and covers for the first few months however I can't resist the cute little fitteds! I'm looking at mutts, lucy's hope chest and loveybums for fitteds and loveybums for some wool wraps.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
My dream newborn stash? Kisslauvs size 0. With ds, Kisslauvs are the best fit we've found, though I hadn't discovered them yet at the newborn stage (we used prefolds which I now hate). I only expect the Kisslauvs size 0 to last for about 6 weeks, if this child grows at the same pace ds did. So I have Kisslauvs size 1 ready to go as well. As for covers, lots and lots of wool knit by me - soakers, Ribby Wraps and longies - at least two of each in small (for the newborn) and medium sizes. I know how to make them so they fit the Kisslauvs perfectly since Kisslauvs have a low rise in front. The only thing about my stash that isn't ideal is that the Kisslauvs are all used, but I simply couldn't afford new ones. Kisslauvs 0's have good resale value on ebay so I ought to be able to get my money back out of them.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Fitteds of all WAHM's and wool soakers and pants! Perfection!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Fitteds (NB Mutts are a favorite of mine) and wool soakers/wraps. This time around I'm looking to get some wool pants. I also like to have some NB AIO for outings.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyofjoeyp
I could have written your post!!! I'm due at the end of Jan and am also not-so-patiently waiting to find out the sex so I can start buying some cute fitteds and covers. I'm planning to use primarily prefolds and covers for the first few months however I can't resist the cute little fitteds! I'm looking at mutts, lucy's hope chest and loveybums for fitteds and loveybums for some wool wraps.
Good to know I'm not the only one with newborn diaper stash fever!

I've also been looking at Mutts and Loveybums fitteds, as well as Little Beetles. I don't know which I'll end up with, maybe a combination. I'll definitely be getting more nb Loveybums wool! They're my favorite!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
swaddlebees fitteds... the newborn OCV are so tiny and soft, much trimmer then kissaluv 0's and dry faster too. the regular OCV smalls would fit a good sized newborn too IMO; i think SBs says 8-16lbs on their site.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by clovergirl
swaddlebees fitteds... the newborn OCV are so tiny and soft, much trimmer then kissaluv 0's and dry faster too. the regular OCV smalls would fit a good sized newborn too IMO; i think SBs says 8-16lbs on their site.

I wish those came in front snap...

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
I'm going to second the Kissaluvs size 0. There is something so perfect about the way Kissaluvs fit newborn butt and they are soooooo soft and cute. Uh oh, I'm having get pregnant thoughts just thinking about it!

And wool soakers to go over them, they are easy to put on, they stay on and OMG adorable - PERFECTION.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm so tempted to get a rainbow of Kissaluv 0s when I look at them, despite the fact that they didn't fit my last two newborns very well. They're just so stinkin cute and fluffy looking. I think the fit might be better if I had smaller newborns. The Kissaluv 0s fit pretty snug on the loosest settings right after birth on my chubby bellied and thighed babies, and we didn't get more than a couple weeks use out of the 0s. I also didn't find them overly absorbent for how long they took to dry, BUT I think mine were heavy wetters and I didn't have the doublers for them... and our dryer vent set up is silly so everything dries slowly. One good thing is that they are super easy to turn around and sell at a decent price. Who knows, maybe I'll get a few and try them once again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just packed away Scotty's kissaluv 0s. They were great.

We got 2.5 months out of them.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Well...I have my perfect NB stash.
I've been working on it for a long time. I didn't want to have just one system...so I have it all...from prefolds & flats with simple covers to expensive WAHM fitteds & hyena wool...any everything in between.

If I were stating from scratch on a budget here is what I would get:
1 dozen preemie Indian Pfs from www.diaperware.com
2-3 dozen infant OC PFs from www.tinybirdsorganics.com
6 NB fitteds from www.muttaqinbaby.com
6-8 covers (Bumpy, Nikky or Niji) from www.cottontailbaby.com or www.babybunz.com
2-3 soakers (Aristocrats, Lana or WAHM) from www.cottontailbaby.com www.tinybirdsorganics.com or www.hyenacart.com
Dritz pins & snappis from www.cottontailbaby.com

·
Registered
997 Posts
I am with BCmama - I feel like I have my perfect NB stash...

12 KL0's
5 FCB 0's
8 KHW nb/smalls
4 Loveybums organic velour
4 Sugarbums organic velour
1 dozen infant prefolds - dyed

2 nb, 2 small bsww
2 nb and 3 small cashmere KP
2 pairs MM NB/small longies
1 small sissy crabapple soaker
2 MM NB soakers

4 VB XS AIO's
4 small VB AIO's

I just love to go up and pet them all!

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Here's what I've got so far. . .

12 xs fb (these are left over from our teensy tiny foster baby, and probably won't fit my bio baby for more than a day or two)
7 small fb (for dw to use because she loves fb and loathes prefolds)
18 infant oc prefolds from tiny birds organics
1 newborn swaddlebees oc valor
1 newborn loveybums wool wrap
1 pair nb longies

Here's what I'm still wanting:

5 more newborn swaddlebees fitteds
a dozen flats from tiny birds organics
a dozen preemie prefolds
3 more newborn sized wool covers (possibilities: little beetle, nikky, firefly, loveybums, 7th heaven, ??)
2 pairs of small longies

We used a diaper service for the first few months last time, so I didn't get to buy really much of anything for the newborn diapering days (just a few boring covers since I didn't know any better). My boys have been out of diapers for over a year, and I am SO excited to cloth diaper this newborn!

Lex

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I had a mish mash of everything last time (first time cding a newborn) and so now I feel I've learned

Next time I'll get MOSTLY xs vb aios (they just go on so easily, fit for awhile, and with a doubler, hold enough)...Plus, XS FBs for night time and a few fitteds (NB Cuddlebuns and NB Mutts) and PUL covers (XS VB covers and Bummis were my favs hands down) to fill the gaps.

I didn't feel the wool and/or fleece love with this one. Despite my best intentions :heart I WISH swaddlebees would make a newborn sized pocket - THAT would be my idea of perfection!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I don't know what a perfect stash for a newborn is just yet. But i am learning from others what works for them. I LOVE seeing nb pics(thanks Vanilla!). I have never cd a newborn so i have been buying stuff since we were TTC that i found for great deals that i just couldn't pass up. I am due Jan. 30 and we don't know the sex yet, all is GN until we find out the sex. Here is what i have thus far.. I do have one question..if you have a winter baby..you can still use soakers right? as long as the baby is wrapped up inside?

1 nb ribby wrap
1 small ribby wrap
1 nb wool shorts
1 nb irish baby knits longies
4 snapdragon sherpa fitteds
1 nb sherpa loveybums
1 nb wool loveybums cover

here is what i have that could fit a nb
1 bbww nb soaker
6 nb mutts
1 nb pattynaps
1 puddlecatcher
1 3sr mutt
1 small fussybutt
2 small bsww
4 growing greens OS
7 SOS
18 wonderoos with hemp inserts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blondeviolin
My MIL found me 10 xs FBs for $25 and they were/are my favorite. (Can you believe she still fits em?!) But we didn't have a whole lot.
No fair
:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts