Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far we're only about 3-4 months along, but have you noticed that your sleeping habits have changed at all? I'd like to hear your suggestions for new sleeping positions. I'm having a hard time getting comfortable at night!

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
I'm normally a tummy person but I have been sleeping on my left side the most. I try to prop a pillow or blanket under my leg though cause for some reason it helps.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Flat on my back.
Before I ever got pregnant (with my daughter) I could NEVER sleep on my back, then I started mid-pregnancy because when I sleep on my side (pillow between the knees or no) my hip slips out of the socket due to dysplasia. Now I sleep on my back every night. Never caused my any problems.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
I sleep on my side as described by http://www.spinningbabies.com/pregnancy.html (under the "Rest Smart" section) for proper positioning. I DO think it's way early for us to worry about proper positioning, it's just that's the most comfortable for me and my expanding midsection. Plus, I figure it's a good habbit to get into for when it really does count!

I want a nice anterior baby!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
My friend is letting me use her pillow and it is the best thing ever! I am sleeping so well (for now, :LOL ) It is a body-length C-shape and my head goes on one end (and I use another pillow) and then the other end is long enough to go between my two legs while I am on my left side and it wraps around and supports my belly. Plus the pillow part behind me supports my back. Hard to explain but I have been sleeping great the past week since I got it. I feel like I am in my own little cocoon. Plus the other benefit is that when dd visits us in bed each night she doesn't lay right on top of me but next to the pillow. Maybe that helps me sleep better too

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
For now I'm mostly sleeping on my tummy. Last time, I naturally went to the "rest smart" position Spark posted by around 7 months, so I'm not really worrying about it. I'm having some weird things happen, though. I've been waking up in the morning with a few fingers asleep. It's rarely consistent which fingers they are. I figure something about my typing position is doing it, but I'm the picture of perfect work posture.

·
Registered
457 Posts
DH is my version of the pillow dziejen described...heehee...helps me sleep. I also end up on my tummy, with legs tucked under somehow. Subsequently saw this in a "when you're expecting twins..." book as a way to get comfortable with multiples. Works ok!
K

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I prefer to sleep on my back, especially because we co-sleep with DS, he likes to snuggle *right* next to me, and I don't like to re-breathe other people's exhaled air (no matter who it is, obviously - I know this is a little wierd but oh well). But now I'm becoming concerned about back sleeping and trying to sleep on my side (with my head above or facing away from DS). However, I keep waking up on my back so it may be a losing battle.... My OB assured me that if I'm compressing the artery to the baby, my body will wake me up before any damage is done. Hope that's true...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts