Mothering Forum banner

Who is attending and where?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hello, I 'voted', hoping to have a midwife waterbirth in the hospital....or at least spend lots of time in the water and then give birth. This will be baby #1. I'm just taking it one day at a time and haven't thought of the delivery quite yet.

·
Registered
445 Posts
What I really want is to have a homebirth with a midwife. I'm not sure if I am going to be able to get them. My hubby wasn't too thrilled about it at first, but now he gave me a stipulation that insurance has to pay for it. We will see.

So I can't really vote in the poll since it is still up in the air of where I am having my baby.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Well, as I am a homebirth midwife assistant, I will vote for that option. It will actually be my 1st at home, all my other 4 were in hospitals. We actually use a birth center, that space is another option, but this time, I am looking forward to my own space and getting some rest afterward-something nearly impossible in the hospitals around here!

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
I chose other. I think my main goal is to freebirth. I am hoping for a UC, DH is hoping for a HB w/ a mw.

eta- I will be a VBAC and 17 months post c/s when this baby is born.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Going to be OB at the hospital. Not *my* ideal, but with two, no other options where I live. At least my OB has a low c-section rate and I do like him.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm hoping to have a VBAC. Hospital with doc is pretty much my only choice. There are no RMW where we will be living and DH would never live through (his nerves would kill him) a homebirth after the complications (oligohydramnios) with baby #1. All that really matters to me is that I have a little tiny one to hold after it is all done.
Jennifer

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Well, I'm almost embarrassed to post this at MDC, but this will probably be my 4th and final c-section (unless I go into labor at home before my date which in that case I would stay home and head to the hospital at the last posible minute.) All three previous births were by c/s and for very good reasons, (mild spina bifida to start and add in complications with EVERY pregnancy) and I don't know how comfortable I am with the idea of VBA3C, so unless I find a midwife that is willing to take the risk. I'm just happy that my doc talked me out of the customary tubal after 3c/s. I have always dreamed of a homebirth...or just a vaginal birth really, but that's just not what has worked out for me.

Not feeling very crunchy at the moment,
Becki

·
Registered
477 Posts
I voted for MW at the hospital since that is what my insurance allows. If I go with a MW rather than an OB I have the option to water birth so that is what I'm aiming for!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I really don't know yet. We'll be moving shortly, and I haven't been able find find out what all of our options will be yet.

I'd rather have a midwife at either a birthing center or at home. I'm no fan of hopsital births, but it's not out of the question.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.