Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of cardio do you do and how long do you do it?

Currently I rotate on an elliptical, stairmaster and treadmill. I don't do the bike because for some reason it irritates my knee. I try to do at least 30 mins [combo of all three] to and hour each day [or every other day].

Also, do you pay attention to your heartrate? I would love to get a heart-rate monitor.

· Registered
4,485 Posts
Recently I've been training for a tri so I've been running, biking and swimming. I do use a heart rate monitor and although I haven't gotten very sophisticated about using it I do find that it helps me keep on a pace I can sustain (which should come in handy during the tri).
Before I started this I was going to Curves but I think now that I never really worked hard enough there, even with the HRM on. I had just underestimated my max heart rate.

I find that I get bored easily though and I'm not sure what I'll do after the triathlon is over next weekend.

· Registered
1,680 Posts
We have a treadmill. I do 1-2 sessions a day on it at 35 minutes a session. I use the incline and vary the speed depending on how hard a workout I want.

This treadmill came with a heartrate moniter but the way they installed it makes it very difficult to use. I could've paid extra for one I could wear but decided not to. I just pay attention to my breathing. I want to be breathing hard but not too hard. This machine allows you to enter your stats into it's computer and it'll give you approx. how many calories you're burning. I shoot for 200 calories or more in 30min.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Cycling is my favorite cardio activity. I want to do at least a half-century this year so I ride whenever I can. I don't have any knee problems though.

I also like to kayak in summer and cross-country ski in winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.