Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my kids wheeze with some kinds of viruses, and we have an old loud nebulizer that weighs a ton. We also have an inhaler for ds1 that we got when traveling, but I've been told that's not as good when he's all congested. So, I've been looking into getting a newer neb, and looking on Wikipedia, I see there's a kind called Vibrating Mesh Technology nebulizer that weigh like 6 oz and are quiet, and are more effective than the old jet kind. It's probably not covered by insurance, but neither was our original one, and I'd willing to pay out of pocket to keep the kids from struggling 4 times a day when we need to do the neb treatment.

Please, anyone with experience with these? I should ask my dr, but I don't want to make another appt...we've seen the doc 3 times in the last 2 weeks. One example of the Vibrating Mesh one is the Omron MicroAir Vibrating Mesh Nebulizer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.