Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi Erin,
A friend gave me a baby bjorn potty
http://www.babyshack.com/details.cfm...=53&prodid=481
and I love it! It is small enough for her little chubby bum! and its easy to carry around the house to have it close. Our bathroom is on the second floor and we spend all of our time on the main floor so we haven't tried a toliet yet.
A clear one would be cool where would you find one?
With the baby bjorn I can look down to see when she pees and I tend to hear it also.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the only three I've ever seen at the EC store online (I think it's theecstore.com or something like that). They have the bblp, the clear one, and one called "the pot." The pot seems good because baby can sit on it facing either direction.

I need to get something because my baby is just so huge I can't hold him in the position over a bowl for very long anymore. my wrists give out! I have one of the little infant potty bowls but he's too big/fat to fit over it and get both a poo and pee in the bowl.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I have the BBLP and my toddler sits on it any which way she gets there. Sometimes she sidesaddles it, sometimes she sits on it right. Sometimes she switches to her big sister's potty and goes on that one after I've put her on the BBLP. I love the BBLP and it was one of the best $10 purchases I could have ever made! (And her big sister still sometimes uses it so it works for older kids too-- she's 3)

·
Registered
129 Posts
We have the deluxe baby bjorn potty. it's fine but dd won't always go in it. when i started noticing her weight when I took her to the toilet (my wrists gave out, too) and her pooping sessions started taking so long, I had to sit down and rest her back against my legs. for a while, we just used a bucket and sat at the couch. one of our bathrooms has the toilet next to the tub so we can sit down on the rim of the tub to take her.

good luck!

·
Registered
300 Posts
We have 3 potties: the pot potty, I think it's called (on EC store, the one that is supposed to be good for boys, and it is, BTW) the BBLP and the BBPC (bb potty chair). The BBLP is too small for my ds who at 17 mo. is only 40th percentile height and weight - he slides forward on it and it squishes his penis. The other 2 are better for him, but the BBLP was great for my dd.

Advantage to the BBPC - the insert is very easy to lift, so ds, who has suddently decided it's cool to potty, can very easily carry it to the toilet and dump it in.

We also have the freedom trainer for the toilet - it has steps leading to the seat - and it works pretty well for a slightly older child, say 1.5 years to 2.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
We have the "Once Upon a Potty" potty (found it at a thrift store), and it seems a little taller than the baby bjorn (which we don't have since I haven't found it at a thrift store yet!). I think it will be longer until she can get onto it herself (because the front and back of the saddle are so tall), but it's nice in that even when she goes really forcefully, it doesn't spill out--seems like this would be a nice "boy" feature. Anyway, she likes it and seems comfy on it.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
We have the bblp - I sat on all the potties in the shop and that one was he most comfortable -then I tried ds on it (clothes on - just as a seat) and he really liked it! lol....
I find potties to be very very different from one another. First you have hight - from the ground to where they sit. Then you have potty seat width from side to side and front to back. Then of course the wee guard - not so much an issue with girls but if you have a boy I find this essential! Then of course the contours of the seat itself...if its 'flat' its gonna dig into your childs legs and be uncomfortable - a nice smooth rounded one is more prefered!...etc etc lol
We now have the BEST toilet seat attachment around! You can only get it in Germany though but if you use Ebay there is a seller willing to ship - only costs us £20 total - not bad imo...Its called 'Kiddyloo'...check it out! - My son loves it and now I can flush it all! hehe

·
Registered
975 Posts
We use the BB Potty Chair with great success. We used a bowl for quite a while, but it broke and now it's either toilet or the BBPC. DS likes it, he can sit back, relax. Only downside is there's a lot of plastic which can be cold on his skin for night time potties, so I drape it in a rec blanket... which can be a pain.

·
Registered
721 Posts
we actually just use the regular toilet. dd is 8 mo and too heavy to hold facing out, but i find that if i just sit her on the toilet and support her arms, she is fine. i like that when we are out she can use a public toilet or a regular toilet at someones house. we also have the bblp and she likes it too, but if she goes in the regular toilet, i dont' have to clean out the bblp.

·
Registered
109 Posts
we started out just using the toilet. Around 6 months she didn't want me to hold her anymore, which was fine w/ me cuz she was getting heavy. So, now she uses the BBPC. I like it because she needs the extra back support when sitting (low muscle tone) and I can use the insert when she is nursing and has to go. It's also my favorite color yellow

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
we had a blue BBLP which we did not leave home without.
in retrospect the clear one might have been nice for the early days.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
We use the little potty bowl mostly, but I think she's starting to outgrow it. If I don't get her on it just right, she'll overshoot it. We have a BBLP that I'm going to start using on her soon. She's also happy to pee in the sink so far.

·
Registered
163 Posts
We have the little white potty bowl from the EC store and also the clear little potty. We've primarily used the potty bowl so far, but DS's tush always seems to get wet using it nowadays. We've also just used the regular toilet quite a bit & that's great bc, like pp said, nothing to clean out afterward! I've recently started taking DS outside and to the sink, bc it hurts my back to hold up such a squirmy, heavy boy at the toilet & bc of the issue with the potty bowl. I guess we'll be leaning on the clear potty more pretty soon & I'm also contemplating just getting a little seat that goes on over the big seat at the toilet.
HTH!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can someone tell me the dimensions of "the pot"? My 1-month-old is kind of tiny (not yet 8 lbs., I'd guess), and I'd like to find something to rest his butt and legs on while I support his head. I'm wondering if the unusual shape of the hole might make it easier to find a position where he doesn't just fall in to the middle of the potty.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
at around 5 months, we were using the target version of the BBLP, i think. then, we began traveling abroad so we use the potty or even squatty potties.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i just wanted to report back....we went with the clear potty from the ecstore(not sure it's exact name), becasue we thought the concept was cool. still do, but the diameter from front to back is a bit small for our gigantic 4 month old. he wiggles around, and i'm constantly having to readjust him and scoot him as far back as possible on the seat. even then he only has about a half inch clearance in front. so this potty is OK, but i think we'll be looking for one with a larger bowl.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.