Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love McDonalds Fruit n Yogert Parfaits, and I bought some Dannon's plain yogert and strawberries to make my own. The first batch of yogert I bought tasted sour, I figured it had expired, so I bought some that is not due to expire until the end of August. It still tastes sour. It tastes like sour cream. Yuck! I cannot taste the stuff without gagging. I'm so disapointed, and puzzled, too. What kind of yogert are they using???

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I've never had a McDonald's parfait, but definitely try it again with vanilla yogurt. It has a totally different flavor. When we were kids we always made strawberry yogurt with vanilla and smooshed strawberries! Yum!

·
Registered
362 Posts
From the McDonald's website:

Quote:
Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait»:
Low Fat Yogurt: Cultured pasteurized Grade A low fat milk, sugar, modified food starch, fructose, nonfat dry milk, whey. Low Fat Granola: Whole grain rolled oats, brown sugar, crisp rice (rice flour, rice bran, salt, and malt), dried high maltose corn syrup, honey, sunflower oil, salt, baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, apple puree concentrate, soy lecithin, cinnamon, crushed oranges, natural flavor (vegetable source). Strawberries: Strawberries, konjac flour. Blueberries.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
The yogurt they use is pretty thick right? If so I’d use a vanilla custard style yogurt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love McDonalds Fruit n Yogert Parfaits, and I bought some Dannon's plain yogert and strawberries to make my own. The first batch of yogert I bought tasted sour, I figured it had expired, so I bought some that is not due to expire until the end of August. It still tastes sour. It tastes like sour cream. Yuck! I cannot taste the stuff without gagging. I'm so disapointed, and puzzled, too. What kind of yogert are they using???
Plain yogurt and vanilla are two different things lmao.. McDonald's uses low fat vanilla yogurt for their parfaits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.