Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I was all gung-ho and spent hours in the kitchen doing prep work for thanksgiving day. Boy did I get alot done! By the time supper rolled around and I was done with everything I was soooo tired and ready to sit down for a while.

I must preface the rest of the story with the disclaimer that I have always had freakishly loose joints - pregnancy aside.

Later that night I proceed to the restroom to relieve my bladder and prepare to sit on the toilet, when my knee decides to pop - dislocate - and send me crashing into a stradle on the side of the toilet seat.
In the meantime I had let out an exclamatory cry of suprise, alarming my husband that something is not quite right. He rushes to the bathroom and opens the door thinking that something extremely bad has happened, but instead sees me in my odd position.

It took me 1 day to get over what mild pain this had created - but half the week to get over the embarrassement. I mean, good gravy, I'm such a klutz that I can't even sit now. What's going to happen over the next couple of months?

So, all in all, I felt obliged to share and give a few people a good giggle.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
You poor thing! My joints always have always been looser too but they get really loose during pg. After ds2 I sprained both of my ankles at seperate times in a one month period! Both times at work and both times in front of a restaurant full of people! I think it just took a bit for them to get back to normal. I am glad you didn't hurt yourself more in your fall!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Oh gosh, that is terrible! But I can totally relate. My hips/pelvis region likes to give out on me if I get up from a sitting/lying position sometimes. Once I nearly collapsed onto the floor. Usually I just double up and almost fall.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I am glad that you are alright...it is just amazing what loose joints can do to you!! I am also glad you weren't in a public restroom...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts