Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS has been on a HUGE Cars kick. He likes to watch it for a few minutes in the morning while eating breakfast and at night when we gets home from school.

He's also got an array of other movies - Clifford, Madagascar, Open Season, Charlotte's Web, Thomas movies....

Got any other recommendations? He's also a big fan of Bob the Builder, Spiderman and Batman.
He's 3.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Mine's almost 3 and right now, its usually Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I bought a bunch of old episodes of the cartoon off ebay for my oldest son a few years ago and now my youngest is obsessed. Otherwise, its Madagascar, Scooby Doo or Batman. I hit the jackpot with a Scooby Doo/Batman combo dvd.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well he was on an Elmo and Wiggles kick, until one dya I showed him Little Einsteins...now he wants to watch "Einstein, mommy" instead! I am kind of happy with the switch lol
:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Signing Time -- It is really the only thing he has ever watched and/or interested in. He could care less if anything else is on TV, but begs for "the girl" on a regular basis. I even heard him singing one of the songs in the car yesterday!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Lots of Signing Time and Pooh Bear begging here. DS watches some of one while eating breakfast in the morning. We're all grouches in the morning. By the time he's done watching he's in a good mood, and I've had most of a cup of tea so all is better.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Signing Times here too. I wished I would have started him on them earlier, although he doesn't actually do the signs, just watches but I figured he's learning something.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
We watch Little Bear dvds during the evening time for "quiet" and Paige LOVES them. She's kind of obsessed with Little Bear and his clan of friends, and I think the show is so sweet.

We also like Babe [pig movie] and Milo and Otis - basically anything with talking animals. Sometimes I'll put on Planet Earth and we will watch "nature" on tv.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
We don't do TV yet for ds (he's only 16 months), but on particularly trying days I sit down with him in front of youtube. He loves animal and music videos.

·
Registered
539 Posts
We don't do a lot of DVDs, either, but when we do, it's these:

* Shaun the Sheep (from the makers of Wallace and Grommit and Chicken Run). This is his absolute favorite. There are about 8-9 little Shaun sketches per DVD (I think there are two now) and they're about 7 minutes each, which is nice. They are completely charming.

* Various Baby Einstein. We somehow ended up with a few of these, but they aren't my favorite

* Schoolhouse Rock. He's too young to understand it, but he likes the songs and animation.

* Elmo Potty and Sesame Street Anniversary DVDs

That's it for home. I know he has seen Chicken Run at daycare and likes it.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
My ds is 4 and we don't have a tv so he's limited to what he I feel is ok on netflix or what's on PBS when we're at Grandma's. But when he watches, he likes Word World, Curious George, Dragon Tales and Kipper.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Freaking Tinkerbell! Ugh! My MIL got it for her!

She likes Curious George and Winnie the Pooh, and Charlottes Web alot too.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
when dd was smaller, her favorites were little bear, kipper, and the sesame street musical celebration-compilation of all the really good, mostly older, ses. st. songs and videos. she loved elmo's world too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ratatouille is DD's absolute favorite. Minus the scary scene at the beginning that I skip over.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My DS is almost 2. The only DVD he watches is Baby Signing Time, which he loves. I also made the mistake of showing him a youtube video of the Wiggles Big Red Car. Now it's "red car, red car!!!!!!!!!!!!!" All.Day.Long.

·
Registered
303 Posts
wall-e and I have no clue why! drives me bonkers though! "Rocket" is a big thing in our house too (Little Einstiens)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.