Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now, I know there's some muscle separation that naturally occurs in the uterine wall, although I forget what it's called.

But this is my third pregnancy, and I've never noticed this before. In 3/4 profile, the belly looks like a butt in the navel region! There's a noticable "line" extending up and down from my belly button, that is further in than the belly parts on either side of it. Does this make sense?

I'm assuming this is a normal variation, but it's weird!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, but is this the same thing??? From what i've read about diastasis recti, it's the opposite, and the muscles pooch out. I know from that, since dd has a naval hernia as an infant. But, in my case, the muscles are further in, in the center, not popping out.

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
when you're pregnant, they cave in and if you were lying on your back and lift your head up, it would bulge out a bit. It's the separation of the abdominal muscles. Does that sound like what you have?

I don't recommend exercises until after the birth.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I went and read up some more... yeah, it bulges if I'm laying and lift my head.

I couldn't find very much info on it, though. I hate that, as I always want to know *everything* about anything. I'm guessing I should avoid strenuous ab stuff, not lifting heavy things, etc. And I thought I was in pretty good shape when I got pregnant!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.